X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by babraham View Post

Great write-up, thanks for sharing!

One question, where did you get this info:

I've looked around for info pertaining to number of manufactured cars by color by year, but have been unsuccessful so far.
    Thank you, sir.

I got the info on Sterling Silver Metallic cars from this thread:

http://www.s14.net/forums/forum/s14/...-silver-owners

And, it turns out I made two mistakes, one was transposing the the numbers on post #48. I mixed up the black and silver interiors. The second mistake is on the Petrolicious article - it should read "16 were Sterling Silver on Silver. My car is an 11/90 build, meaning very few US cars came off the assembly line after mineómaybe one more silver on silver example?"

I'll send an email to Petro's editor with the correction.

Sorry for any confusion here - I should have been more careful when writing that article.
    John 3:17

Comment

Beautiful car! I've never seen a silver in person.
      -Gabe
      '89 Zinno M3 Project

Comment

Worth a million, love it. She looks terrific, those photos make me want to sleep in one!

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post

Thank you, sir.

I got the info on Sterling Silver Metallic cars from this thread:

http://www.s14.net/forums/forum/s14/...-silver-owners
          Awesome, thank you for the link! Even though it was about the Sterling color, it actually had the info on the Henna color that I was looking for!
          And judging from the VIN number breakdown, it appears that I own the 7th-to-last Henna car ever produced for the US. Pretty cool.
          1984 E30 323i Euro (sold)
          1985 E30 325e (sold)
          1988 E30 Henna/Black 2.5L
          1988 E30 Macao Evo2 #330
          2014 F31 328i Sportswagon
          2017 F80 M3

Comment

Originally posted by G FORCE
            Beautiful car! I've never seen a silver in person.
            Thanks man! SS is very close to Titanium Silver that came on later cars.

Originally posted by nickn3
            Worth a million, love it. She looks terrific, those photos make me want to sleep in one!
            Thanks Nick. It means a lot coming from you

Originally posted by babraham
            Awesome, thank you for the link! Even though it was about the Sterling color, it actually had the info on the Henna color that I was looking for!
            And judging from the VIN number breakdown, it appears that I own the 7th-to-last Henna car ever produced for the US. Pretty cool
            Great, happy to hear the link was helpful. That is pretty cool that about your Henna's place in history!

Comment

lookin good. good call on the steering wheel upgrade.
              JAMES
              sigpic

Comment

Thank you! But...

I have always favored the small diameter MT I steering wheel. And I picked up a stock shift knob to replace the ZHP. A little bit closer to when she rolled off the assembly line.

Comment

Very pretty!!

Comment

Thank you, Nat.

Comment

• She's gone. New owner took delivery today.

First time in 11 years that I do not have a BMW in my ownership.

Comment

• I can almost swear thats the same Mtech 1 steering wheel I sold over on R3vlimited, but I would have thought I'd remember your user name? Maybe not. I'm sad to see you had to sold it, hopefully you got a good price and can use the funds to buy something even better!

-Kevin

Comment

• Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
                          I can almost swear thats the same Mtech 1 steering wheel I sold over on R3vlimited, but I would have thought I'd remember your user name? Maybe not. I'm sad to see you had to sold it, hopefully you got a good price and can use the funds to buy something even better!

-Kevin
                          Kevin, yeah, it's the wheel I bought from you.

Comment

• In August of 2013 Zach Mayne photographed my E30 M3 and a fellow enthusiast's E36 M3 for Bimmer Magazine feature. On the way home from the photoshoot, Zach and his girlfriend were involved in a multi-car collision, with both of them sustaining fairly serious injuries. Not life threatening, by God's grace, but the GF was airlifted to the nearest hospital. Their recovery took months, which obviously and understandably put the story on hold.

I kinda forgot about the article and ended up selling the car. Well, here it is in issue #134. There are some factual errors in the write-up, probably due the two-year span between Zach doing the interviews and actually crafting the piece, and lack of proper proofing.

It would have been nice if this was published a few months ago when I still owned the car, but better late than never, I suppose.

Comment

• Sweet thanks for posting. M3's used the bigger getrag 265 and had larger piston calipers as well as many parts were carried over from the e28/e24, etc. Cool article though. There has been much talk about e36 m3 values rising. Maybe the e30 swap guys are helping their cause.
                              Last edited by Reelizmpro; 09-06-2015, 09:36 AM.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
                              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
                              89 M3 - SEPANG BRONZE/SCHWARZ
                              91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X