Back to its roots II - Henna/Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to its roots II - Henna/Black

One year ago, I asked my brother, ppower, to do a photoshoot of my 1988 M3 to document the car in mostly stock form. Although I had done some interior mods to the car using OEM EVOII and EVOIII parts, the car looked stock. That photoshoot can be viewed here:

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?53966-Henna-Black-my-pride-and-joy!&highlight=my+pride+and+joy

Since I bought this Henna/Black M3 almost 3 years ago, I have struggled with the idea of modifying it. I knew that I would enjoy the car modified, but I really wanted to protect the “value” of the car and make sure any modifications really were classy. Essentially, I wanted to take the car to the next level while keeping the purity of the OEM design. To do this I slowly assembled the appropriate parts to make this E30 M3 into my “dream E30 M3.” Those of you that know me know that I have had some really nice cars and tend to be somewhat conservative in my mods. Nothing over the top as to draw too much attention to the mods would be acceptable to me. I prefer mods that can be appreciated most by those with a “trained eye” while to most people; it’s just another BMW.

neil1138 did an awesome photoshoot last year of my E90 M3. He is an excellent photographer of vehicles and has been such a valuable club member here in OKC. We all love the work he does and appreciate the dedication he has to capturing our cars with his artistic eye. Since I bought this car, Neil has expressed interest in shooting the car. I held off for a period of time because I knew I had plans for the exterior of the car. I put the finishing touch on the exterior mods and it just so happened that he sent me a text wanting to do a shoot. Timing was perfect! Neil, thank you so much! I know we have some rig shots to do and they will be added to this thread in due time.

Exterior:
    Euro grills
    Euro tow hook covers
    "BMW Motorsport" door handles
    Cibie CSR headlights
    Black headlight rings
    EVO II front splitter
    EVO III trunk lid
    EVO III adjustable wing with CF gurney flap
    EVO III brake ducts

Interior:
    EVO III steering wheel
    EVO III shift knob
    EVO III shift boot
    EVO III hill brake handle
    EVO III seatbelts (red)
    EVO III dead pedal
    EVO II door strips
    EVO II leather door panels
    EVO II leather center console

Wheels/Tires:
    BBS LM 106 – 17x8.5 et18
    Toyo Proxes R1R– 245/35/17

Suspension:
    AST 4200's with Swift Springs (500#/600#) and thrust sheets

Engine/Drivetrain:
    Sport EVO airbox
    Sport EVO lightweight flywheel
    Euro dog-leg close ratio transmission
    Z3 finned differential cover
    Oil pan baffle
    VAC Motorsports electric fan conversion
    Supersprint exhaust and mid-pipe with resonator

Next…..a 2.5 liter S14 motor that is sitting in my garage!!

great looking car. Congrats. Would love to see some interior shots.

Comment

Originally posted by osj911 View Post
      great looking car. Congrats. Would love to see some interior shots.
      click the link in this post to the other thread. Interior shots are there! I just didn't want to add the same old pics to this thread.

Comment

So sweet. Love it!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Justin,

Looks beautiful. I'd put the OEM mirrors, M5 wheels, and silver grills back on. That would be perfection, a Henna Sport Evo2/3 hybrid.
          Did you sell the RK's?

-Chris
          Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

2 of my Favorite E30s getting action today and both on LMs makes my heart race. Your interior inspired me to upgrade and do my leather console and armrest/map pockets. Delicious.
            Drew
            1991 E30 ///M3 Brilliantrot
            1989 Toyota 4Runner Red
            2005 Lamborghini Gallardo 6spd Argento Luna Metallic
            2011 Audi TTS Ibis White Stage I

Comment

Thanks for the comments!! A few more...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                Justin,

Looks beautiful. I'd put the OEM mirrors, M5 wheels, and silver grills back on. That would be perfection, a Henna Sport Evo2/3 hybrid.
                Did you sell the RK's?

-Chris
                Silver grills will probably go back on....I just can't decide which I like better. M5 wheels are cool, but the tire selection blows! I still have the 17" RK's and the 18" RK's. I have a guy interested in the 18" RK's and I should sell the 17" RK's. I love those wheels but the LM's are just over the top cool on this car. I just can't see taking them off in favor of something else at this point.

Comment

Holy hell your car is incredible! Really great work on selecting some choice parts on this car. Would love to see the oem grill back on it though. =)

Comment

So after a number of comments on the grills, I put the stock kidneys back on and I love the look with the wheels. Took the car to my brother the other day to try to catch some fall color around the car with a little bit different style photography than Neil was doing. Thanks PPower for taking some new photos of the car!

Comment

Beautiful car! Great job with the photo's

Comment

perfection.

Comment

Wow, beautiful car. I have a question however (Nothing bad ) What is the difference between a stock E30 M3 trunk lid and an EvoIII one? I know the spoilers are different, but I didn't know the trunk lids were different as well. I love the EVO2/3 hybred look. Fantastic car.

Will
                          '69 Datsun 2000 Roadster vintage race car (Street driven on a regular basis :taz
                          '59 Alfa Romeo 101 Sprint (HUGE project :uhoh
                          '88 M3

Comment

Oh wow!!! What a beaut!

Can you share hi-res for wallpapers?
                            John 3:17

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                              Wow, beautiful car. I have a question however (Nothing bad ) What is the difference between a stock E30 M3 trunk lid and an EvoIII one? I know the spoilers are different, but I didn't know the trunk lids were different as well. I love the EVO2/3 hybred look. Fantastic car.

Will
                              The EVO3 trunk lid is lighter. That is the only difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X