E30 M3 1987 Euro Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 M3 1987 Euro Rebuild

Hello to all. This is my first post to this forum.
    I introduce myself briefly first Iím a 29-year-old aircraft mechanic from Finland.
    I am interested in cars from an early age. cially bmw due to my father's profession: bmw dealer, but that's another story

I bought my current project car in 2006. ( Euro E30 M3 1987) Car had been driven about 320,000 Kilometers. I drove the car for about 1000 km (620mi) and then ripped the car completely. Intended to build a car of my dreams. I know that some people think I'm crazy when I change the color of my car. but I will build my car just for myself. I think I've managed to do it pretty well. I'm not going to upload pictures to this forum, but all the pictures can be seen here
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CONVAR191.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	847001

The car will be ready next spring. The project has been quite a challenge. (At least financially), I have tried to make themselves as much as possible
    in practice, all wearing / moving parts will be replaced in the car ia. Gear box, rear-drive axel, all windows, bumpers, sills, etc etc
    engine specs:
    TSM 2.5 stroker kit
    Evo 3 fuel injection
    s50 timing chain tensioner
    284/276 camshafts
    Motorsport valve springs
    TSM chip
    etc. ..

Welcome!...and nice work! So, you are changing the color from Lachs to Alpin? So far everything looks very nicely done!

Good Luck,

John

Comment

Welcome to S14. That's quite the impressive rebuild.
      Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

Originally posted by 02fanatic View Post
        Welcome!...and nice work! So, you are changing the color from Lachs to Alpin? So far everything looks very nicely done!

Good Luck,

John
        Yep alpin is the new color

Comment

Nice job i like your pictures.

Leigh

Comment

Nice work there. Getting all that underseal off doesn't look a lot of fun.
            This space is a sanctimonious shit free zone.

Comment

This photos remember when working with my mechancis in my car for about or almost 4 years. Great work
              Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver / Euro E34 M5 '93 / Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro / Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro / Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Hi,
                I like your dedication and quality workmanship and good that you have lots of photos to look at. Hopefully you have carried out duplicate inspection of the control systems IAW trafi (just joking)
                In one photo I see you have removed the fuel filter did you locate it somewhere else? I see you have spent some time with the wiring harness was it a tidy up of the terminals or were you removing and replacing wires.
                Did you paint the steering rack gold or is it electroplated.
                Keep up the good work.
                Dave.

E30 M3 1987
                Mini Clubman GT
                BMW E36 323 Msport
                Toyota Corona
                KTM 200EXC
                Honda CB50 (1979)

Comment

Beautiful work!!! Car is looking great!!! You have a home here for sure!!!
                  Ron ///Man

• '91 Gr-A Former CiBiEmme / Ravaglia - Sold
                  • '90 M3 Faux EVOII Alpineweiss 36K Orig Owner - The Queen
                  • '91 M3 Faux EVO III Brilliantrot Euro Driveline - The Rocket
                  • '91 M3 Faux Gr-A Club Racer DM - The Alter EGO
                  • '89 M3 M3T / ITR Club Racer
                  • '94 Spec E36 - Eh....
                  • '09 M3 - Tarmac Terrorist
                  • '04 330Xi Sport 6 Speed - Snowmobile
                  • '07 530 Xi - Highway Star
                  • http://www.imwcarparts.com/e30-m3-parts.htm

Comment

You are a wildman. Great job.
                    John 3:17

Comment

Originally posted by Dave @nz View Post
                      Hi,
                      I like your dedication and quality workmanship and good that you have lots of photos to look at. Hopefully you have carried out duplicate inspection of the control systems IAW trafi (just joking)
                      In one photo I see you have removed the fuel filter did you locate it somewhere else? I see you have spent some time with the wiring harness was it a tidy up of the terminals or were you removing and replacing wires.
                      Did you paint the steering rack gold or is it electroplated.
                      Keep up the good work.
                      Dave.
                      Greetins from Vietnam, (I need to keep my wife satisfied

Duplicate inspetion performed acc amm 32-15-00 pb401 rev 37
                      Fuel filter still waiting some EASA forms, so I have not installed yet. :old-025:
                      Steering rack Is just painted.
                      All the connectors and pins are replaced. I had one extra wiring that I used spare. I used almost one month to fix it..

I will be back to business next week. Lot of new spare waiting for me to local BMW dealer..

Comment

Originally posted by kimbo View Post
                        Greetins from Vietnam, (I need to keep my wife satisfied

Duplicate inspetion performed acc amm 32-15-00 pb401 rev 37
                        Fuel filter still waiting some EASA forms, so I have not installed yet. :old-025:
                        Steering rack Is just painted.
                        All the connectors and pins are replaced. I had one extra wiring that I used spare. I used almost one month to fix it..

I will be back to business next week. Lot of new spare waiting for me to local BMW dealer..
                        Hi ,

You working A320's in Vietnam?

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by bbsrs View Post
                            Hi ,

You working A320's in Vietnam?
                            Nope,
                            just on holiday =)

Comment

First start-up =)