Airbag Club's 1988 E30 M3..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbag Club's 1988 E30 M3..

Hi, I am new to the forums and would like to introduce myself. My name is Ryan Der and I am a member of ATS Garage. I have been a Honda guy for the past 11 years, but recently sold my Honda and got into one of my dream cars, a E30 M3. I have a lot of plans for it and will build it with my own style. Some will like it and others will not, but it doesn't matter as long as I'm happy with it. I am a Motorsports Electronics Engineer at Rywire Motorsport Electronics, so in the future I will construct my own Mil-Spec wiring loom and convert to coil on plug ignition with AEM EMS.

Here are some photos of my previous Honda build to show my background. The car has been featured in 5 magazines (2 International).
    Car:

Engine:

Feature:
    http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...x/viewall.html

Now here is the new project I picked up, a 1988 BMW E30 M3 in Alpine White. I purchased it as pictured, which came with BBS RS211 (rears relipped), Ground Control Coilovers, Borla Exhaust, Euro Smiley's, Euro grilles, EVO suede steering wheel and new tan leather seat covers. I have since removed the yellow film on the highbeam lense. The car isn't perfect or mint, but I do have to remember that it is a 25 year old car..

Some shots around my hometown, San Francisco:

So far the mods I have purchased are Cardinal Red front and rear panels, AP Racing NASCAR calipers, and an OEM BMW EVO wing.

AP Racing Calipers (Going to require custom installation with custom hats, rotors and brackets):
    ATS*GARAGE

Welcome!

I look forward to seeing what you do with the car.

Comment

Welcome to the club!

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the obsession!!! Your workmanship looks great!!!
        Ron ///Man

• '91 Gr-A Former CiBiEmme / Ravaglia - Sold
        • '90 M3 Faux EVOII Alpineweiss 36K Orig Owner - The Queen
        • '91 M3 Faux EVO III Brilliantrot Euro Driveline - The Rocket
        • '91 M3 Faux Gr-A Club Racer DM - The Alter EGO
        • '89 M3 M3T / ITR Club Racer
        • '94 Spec E36 - Eh....
        • '09 M3 - Tarmac Terrorist
        • '04 330Xi Sport 6 Speed - Snowmobile
        • '07 530 Xi - Highway Star
        • http://www.imwcarparts.com/e30-m3-parts.htm

Comment

The Honda's bay looks awesome.
          John 3:17

Comment

Welcome to the club! Great to have another local E30 M3 owner. I just moved to the Russian Hill area and it would be great to go for a drive soon (although I don't always keep my car in the city).

Comment

congrats on the pick up, and welcome to the club! i'm in the bay as well; hope to run into you at some point (Emeryville).

Comment

Welcome to the club from a former Hobda guy as well. I would like to know your plans with the AP calipers as this is somethIng that i want to do as well. Car looks good!
                sigpic

1988 Diamantschwarz/Black

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

My hometown is San Francisco, but I am actually located in SoCal, due to work (Rywire).

As for the AP Racing calipers, I am going to have my friends from RCrewRacing help me design and make custom caliper brackets and rotors. Luckily for our cars, the front caliper tabs are attached to the strut, so it is easy to create a design without having to take the whole car apart. I am basically going to drop off a caliper, a rotor and a strut to the shop, and they'll take all the measurements and create a design and have it cut out on the CNC machine. I did a very similar setup with a set of Brembo calipers for my Honda and it worked great.

ATS*GARAGE

Comment

What size wheels do you plan on running those calipers behind?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shadye30 View Post
                      What size wheels do you plan on running those calipers behind?
                      Plans are to run a 17x9" concaved Volk Racing TE37 over the brakes..
                      ATS*GARAGE

Comment

Originally posted by Airbag Club View Post
                        Plans are to run a 17x9" concaved Volk Racing TE37 over the brakes..
                        Like this?
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

Welcome! I have wanted to get a set of concaved 17in te37s for quite sometime.
                          @slowprogress

Comment

17" concave te37s are so hard to get.. looks like they were custom orders in Japan? I have never seen a 5x120 set here in the states.. I've been looking for a while.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah Andy I think you'd have to order a new set, unless you have contacts in Japan and find a used set. Which is the way I plan to go. lol
                              @slowprogress

Comment

Working...
                              X