No announcement yet.

Airbag Club's 1988 E30 M3..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the lack of updates, the car is located at my parents house in San Francisco, and I moved to Southern California for work. I plan to bring the car down here once I move into a place with a garage.

I purchased a pair of 5x120 to 5x114, 15mm thick, spacer adapters, but it was a bad design and the wheel bolts were coming into contact with the backside of the wheel. I complained and the spacers that I need/want are on backorder, so I have to wait a little longer for the exchange.

I am going back up to San Francisco this upcoming weekend and am going to remove the front suspension. I ordered a set of JRZ RS Pro dampers, and they need the stock front strut housings so that they can weld them onto the new coilover setup. Hopefully I can update with some photos.
    ATS*GARAGE

Comment

Quick shot from this morning. I also picked up my OEM M3 EVO wing from the paint shop (5Fifteen Autobody) last night..

Last edited by Airbag Club; 05-11-2013, 10:37 AM.
      ATS*GARAGE

Comment

cool effect. You prob covered this before, but what size tire do you have on the rear?

Andy

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Andyman746 View Post
          cool effect. You prob covered this before, but what size tire do you have on the rear?

Andy
          Thanks. I took the picture with my iPhone with an Olloclip fisheye lens. The tire size is 225/45/16 Toyo T1R all around.
          ATS*GARAGE

Comment

Were they the Ichiba adapters?

Originally posted by Airbag Club View Post
            Sorry for the lack of updates, the car is located at my parents house in San Francisco, and I moved to Southern California for work. I plan to bring the car down here once I move into a place with a garage.

I purchased a pair of 5x120 to 5x114, 15mm thick, spacer adapters, but it was a bad design and the wheel bolts were coming into contact with the backside of the wheel. I complained and the spacers that I need/want are on backorder, so I have to wait a little longer for the exchange.

I am going back up to San Francisco this upcoming weekend and am going to remove the front suspension. I ordered a set of JRZ RS Pro dampers, and they need the stock front strut housings so that they can weld them onto the new coilover setup. Hopefully I can update with some photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbag Club View Post
              Quick shot from this morning. I also picked up my OEM M3 EVO wing from the paint shop (5Fifteen Autobody) last night..

Looks awesome.
              John 3:17

Comment

Just got my new license plates. I selected "E DERTY" because my last name is Der, so I thought it was quite fitting. Just sucks that DMV couldn't get it right and center it as I had specified on the order form. I selected a full space between the E and the D, but they only put a half space, which then left a large space at the end, offcentering everything. Oh well..

ATS*GARAGE

Comment

Digging it. Lets see it mounted up!

Comment

Originally posted by c_tejuco View Post
                    Digging it. Lets see it mounted up!
                    I haven't put the plates on yet. The car is still on jackstands in the garage, waiting for my suspension to come in.
                    ATS*GARAGE

Comment

I was in town for the weekend and visited BMW of San Francisco, where they have a 1991 E30 M3 DTM race car on display. Pretty cool to see it in person!!

Here is a short Instagram video I took of it..

http://instagram.com/p/bemNODNl9C/

ATS*GARAGE

Comment

I just received my JRZ RS Pro coilovers direct from Holland. They are 2 way adjustable with external reservoirs. I had to send them my stock front spindles so they could do the coilover conversion. Pretty cool how the rear shock body is threaded, which allows me to either run a spring on damper or separated spring/damper like stock. I am going to pair these dampers with a set of Eibach Springs.

ATS*GARAGE

Comment

Picked up a pair of Ichiba 15mm spacer adapters, since the other adapters I got were having issues. Here is a peak at how the fronts fit. I still need to tweak ride height as well as camber settings. Tires are currently 235/40/17, but it seems to be contacting the fender liners when I turn, so I am going to have to downsize them. Pretty happy that the front and rear fit pretty good.

I also installed my JRZ suspension, but need to order some new springs for the front. The springs I have on there are too soft and too short, so even on the highest setting, it sits pretty low. Haven't gotten around to installing the rear dampers yet, because I am unsure where I want to mount the reservoirs.
                          Last edited by Airbag Club; 07-26-2013, 12:03 PM.
                          ATS*GARAGE

Comment

Just pulled the car out of the garage so I could take a full picture of it..

ATS*GARAGE

Comment

so sick! We have similar tastes =) you got pm

sigpic

Comment

I finally installed the JRZ suspension. Huge thanks to the guys at Eibach Springs for helping me out with springs for the front and rear! I decided to go with 550lb front and 650lb rear spring rates per recommendations from Frank at JRZ Suspension. The car rides a little rougher than my previous Bilstein/Ground Control setup at low speed, but once at higher speeds it absorbs the bumps and rides smooth.

I also got new tires for the wheels. When I test fitted the 235/40/17 up front, it would rub the fender liners the moment I turned the wheels. Therefore I had to use a 215/40/17 front and 235/40/17 rear. It isn't really my style to stretch tires, but I am already this deep into the setup, that I had no choice. Huge thanks to the guys at Falken Tires for all the support with my projects. I was sponsored by them for my previous car, and they continue to help and support me. I decided to go with Falken Azenis RT-615K tires. Also much thanks to the guys at The Shop San Bruno for helping me out with mount and balancing as well as alignment!

Here is a quick picture I snapped of the car yesterday..

ATS*GARAGE

Comment

Working...
                                X