Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JZM3
    replied
    ride height is on point with that wheel and tire combo.

Leave a comment:

• Airbag Club
    replied
    One more picture from the SpoCom Anaheim show..

Leave a comment:

• Airbag Club
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel View Post
    You may need to look at what rear springs you have if you want to be able to get the rear lower. If you can get a spring that is an inch shorter than you can adjust the ground control to get it where you want, unless you want to go more than 1" lower You need to keep in mind the shocks you are using and how much travel they will have if you lower it any more as well.
    I am running 650lb 5" tall Eibach race springs in the rear. I am also worried about the shock travel, but it doesn't feel like it is bottoming out when I hit large bumps. When I placed my order for the JRZ's, Frank asked me what my ride height was going to be. When I told him I usually like no finger gap between the tires and the fenders, he mentioned that was pretty low, so he put in a note telling them to make the bodies shorter than normal. If I don't have much travel in the rear, I can always remove the rear shocks and drop them off at JRZ USA and have them shorten the bodies even further..

Leave a comment:

• Daniel
    replied
    You may need to look at what rear springs you have if you want to be able to get the rear lower. If you can get a spring that is an inch shorter than you can adjust the ground control to get it where you want, unless you want to go more than 1" lower You need to keep in mind the shocks you are using and how much travel they will have if you lower it any more as well.

Leave a comment:

• Airbag Club
    replied
    Originally posted by NameIsStanley View Post
    I thought you had JRZ?

Yes I do have JRZs on the car. I probably should have worded that differently. The front is a complete JRZ height adjustable coilover, but the rear is a JRZ shock with Ground Control coilovers (separated)..

Leave a comment:

• NameIsStanley
    replied
    I thought you had JRZ?

Leave a comment:

• Hoyt
    replied
    I love the look of the 16". I've been on the look out for a set for my 88' M3 to go along with the set I've got on my 10' M3.

Leave a comment:

• JZM3
    replied
    Ah 16s look great man!

Leave a comment:

• Airbag Club
    replied
    Originally posted by SeattleE30///M3 View Post
    Found your car on IG. Car looks great. You ever get the standalone ems project going?

HUGE fan of the 16" Volks! We tried to get a GB for E30 M3 fitment going years ago, but never happened :(. Lmk if you ever want to sell or trade...

Thank you. I never got the standalone engine management project going. I honestly haven't given the car much attention, except for recently changing the wheels/tires. I haven't had the urge to really buy anything for the car, as I would rather spend the money on traveling.

Leave a comment:

• SeattleE30///M3
    replied
    Found your car on IG. Car looks great. You ever get the standalone ems project going?

HUGE fan of the 16" Volks! We tried to get a GB for E30 M3 fitment going years ago, but never happened :(. Lmk if you ever want to sell or trade...

Leave a comment:

• Andyman746
    replied
    Love the look!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Airbag Club
    replied
    Originally posted by shadye30 View Post
    Dude the new setup looks amazing!!!

As far as the lettering on the tires are concerned why don't you use a tire lettering kit instead?

Thank you!

As for the tires, I wanted to do the same style as how the Osaka loop racers (kanjo) have been doing for years. Basically they create a stencil and spray paint the logos on the sidewall. I actually like the raw look of it with the slight overspray and discoloration. I have admired these guys and their cars for years and wanted to incorporate a little bit of their style onto my own car.

Here are a couple pictures I took of there cars when I visited Japan earlier this year..

Leave a comment:

• shadye30
    replied
    Dude the new setup looks amazing!!!

As far as the lettering on the tires are concerned why don't you use a tire lettering kit instead?

Leave a comment:

• Airbag Club
    replied
    I decided to change things up a little on the M3. I was never happy with the 17" TE37s, because of the tire sizing and ride height. The x9" wheel in the front was millimeters away from the coilover collar and spring which prevented me from lowering the front anymore.

I pieced together a set of 16x8" +15 TE37 and put meatier 225/45/16 Advan A050 tires on them. I decided to try something a little different and paint the tires with a stencil, similar to how the Kanjo racers in Japan do it. I also lowered the car all around. I wish the rear would go lower, but the ground control coilover is as low as it goes.. Not sure how everyone else gets their car so low in the rear..

Leave a comment:

• Airbag Club
    replied
    Car is finally registered again, so I brought it out to Cars & Coffee Irvine last weekend for the first time..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X