Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF Bay Area gathering

Hey S14,

I wanted to get a thread going - in my short time with my car I've already met quite a few M3 owners in the SF bay area. Is there interest in getting together on a Saturday morning to talk cars? I'm located in Menlo Park so I'm partial to the Peninsula, but definitely open to suggestions and areas accessible for all.

As a starting point, I'll throw out a date and location. How about the morning of Saturday, 4/18 at the Alpine Inn in Portola Valley? Not far from some great roads. Let me know.
    1989 Lachs
    1988 Lachs - sold
    1988 DS - sold
    Car blog
    Bay Area M3 FB group

I'd be down for something on the 18th. I'm in the East Bay, so would love to find something in between if possible. Could be some good photo ops at Treasure Island too.

Comment

If I'm in town, I'd love to join. I'm in SF, but open to drive wherever to get more folks together.

Carlos - It'd be cool to get together again.

90 Sterling 2.5L E30///M3 lifer
      97 Porsche Carrera S
      13 Audi S6
      SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
      GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

I can't on the 18th but if it's on a day I'm free I'm interested. In the far East Bay. Alameda or Oakland would be cool since they are pretty central to everyone in the bay.

Comment

I might be interested assuming I'm not busy.I'm up in Napa.

Will
          '69 Datsun 2000 Roadster vintage race car (Street driven on a regular basis :taz
          '59 Alfa Romeo 101 Sprint (HUGE project :uhoh
          '88 M3

Comment

I'd be up for this as well. I'm in SF. There was an official NorCal thread and I think there's about 20 of us. I can't find it with search but maybe someone can?

Comment

Found it:

El Gato, Gilroy
              osj911, SF
              Rpm32, Stockton
              Narayan3, SJ
              rad2ltr, Napa
              oliver.r, SJ
              norMcal, Grass Valley
              Freude am Fahren, SF
              Cabriolet, SJ
              c_tejuco, Emeryville & SF
              inflectionpt, San Mateo
              drinaldis, Redwood City
              PCasil, SJ
              chazm3, Watsonville
              Olsko3er, Greenfield
              ukau, Sacramento
              clex2, Walnut Creek
              NEOM3, Palo Alto
              jibbajabba - Josh - Sacramento
              syin-San Ramon

Comment

Interested.... But I would prefer to avoid going anywhere near SF or Oakland. Why not stay on the peninsula and drive Skyline or the PCH?

Comment

I'm in Santa Cruz and have already been in contact with Konig about meeting up
                  Boxy is foxy

1988 BMW E30 M3 2.5L
                  1985 Renault R5 Turbo 2

Comment

Why not meet up at the Alpine Inn, drive Skyline up to near Pacifica, cut over to the PCH and drive down to Santa Cruz. Then we can return via Rt 9 and 280?

Comment

I like that idea. We can stop in Half Moon Bay at the harbor for fish and chips at Princeton Seafood Co. They have nice size parking lots to group together.
                      1988 E30 M3 S38
                      1970 E10 2002 S14

Comment

Great ideas guys. The Alpine Inn is semi-conveniently located for those on the Peninsula and opens up a lot of good driving routes. I like your idea Narayan, though that route is a considerable time commitment. Maybe we all use Alpine as a starting point and split up based on how long of a drive everyone wants to do?
                        1989 Lachs
                        1988 Lachs - sold
                        1988 DS - sold
                        Car blog
                        Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

Would love to join if I'm in town. On weekends you want to stay away from HMB, especially if it's a nice day - way too much traffic. Best to explore all the roads around skyline. If meet at Alpine Inn, can take Page mill up to skyline, and then Alpine Rd to Pescadero Creek road, which ends in Pescadero. Can then take Stage Rd. to 84 and loop back up to Skyline.

Comment

mRub, I think we've got the same idea in mind. See below for the route that I think would be fun to do. Start at Alpine, end at Alice's, and it becomes a "choose your own adventure" from there.

I've done Stage Rd before in my Miata, I remember it being very bumpy and crowded with bikes. Probably not the best for an M3 train.

I propose a meeting time of 9am. It's on the early side, but the roads quickly fill up with bicyclists and traffic toward the hiking trails and coast.
                            1989 Lachs
                            1988 Lachs - sold
                            1988 DS - sold
                            Car blog
                            Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

If you're on facebook, another local owner has started a bay area E30M owners page. Join up here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/829644400405794/
                              1989 Lachs
                              1988 Lachs - sold
                              1988 DS - sold
                              Car blog
                              Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

Working...
                              X