2016 Bay Area gathering(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Bay Area gathering(s)

It's been far too long since our last bay area E30M meetup. I put up a post in the Facebox group today to get some ideas going on where to meet. We've picked up some new members on this forum who are in the area and I'd like to make sure they hear about this!

General information...
    Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/829644400405794/
    Last year's gatherings: http://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s1...area-gathering

Last year we met in Portola Valley and then at Canepa, which were nice and close to good driving roads but a long haul for some folks. I would like to collect some ideas on other meeting places that are more convenient. Some ideas that may work:

- Marina Green in SF proper (Golden Gate CCA meetup spot)
    - Treasure Island
    - Berkeley Marina
    - Laguna Seca (naturally)

Please share your thoughts on location, but also on when you like to meet (i.e. butt-ass early on the weekends to avoid traffic, Tuesday nights, etc) and what style of meet you want (kicking tires, tech session, spirited driving tours, etc)

I look forward to getting together and checking out some awesome M3s in 2016!
    1989 Lachs
    1988 Lachs - sold
    1988 DS - sold
    Car blog
    Bay Area M3 FB group

Very, very excited for another meet up! I'm partial to early weekends and really like the idea of a chill spot to talk shop and maybe shoot some pics of the unicorns together. (Marina green, Berkeley marina, treasure island) might be able to get a few other buddies located in Sacramento to join as well

Comment

There is also a big Benz 190e Cosworth group in the Bay Area that I'm a part of. I'd love to try to get them to attend as well so we can have the two legends side by side and mix it up with the Benz crowd.
      --------------------------------------
      The God's chariot... (OO==[][]==OO)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freude Am Fahren View Post
        There is also a big Benz 190e Cosworth group in the Bay Area that I'm a part of. I'd love to try to get them to attend as well so we can have the two legends side by side and mix it up with the Benz crowd.
        That would be awesome. Do you want to stir something up on that side, or is there someone I can coordinate with directly?
        1989 Lachs
        1988 Lachs - sold
        1988 DS - sold
        Car blog
        Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

Pall,

Once we nail down a time and place for the meet I'll give a shout to our Cosworth friends and see if they can join.
          sigpic

Comment

Okay guys, I've gathered input from various places and it sounds like a weekend morning meetup, similar to what we did last year, is a good format.

Right now I am looking at the morning of Saturday, February 20th at 8am. I've got a lead on a location from Ted but we need to get permission first. I would like to have the meet in the Berkeley / Treasure Island general area to keep it accessible for everyone interested. If our proposed location doesn't work out I'm going to ask for some more suggestions for meetup spots since I'm not too familiar with that area.

For now, please let me know if you are go or no-go with that date and approximate location. If it causes significant problems I will try another date.
            1989 Lachs
            1988 Lachs - sold
            1988 DS - sold
            Car blog
            Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

I have confirmed a venue for our meetup on Saturday, 2/20.

Trader Vic's restaurant in Emeryville has been kind enough to allow us the use of their parking lot for Saturday morning. Their address is:

9 Anchor Drive
              Emeryville, CA 94608

They have requested that we be on our best behavior and keep unnecessary noise to a minimum - revving, sound systems, tire screeching, those things. We didn't have any issue with that last year and I'm confident that everyone will be respectful of Trader Vic's, as well as their neighbors and the Emeryville community. These cars love to rev, but we can do it on the backroads or the freeway on-ramps.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or insight. I look forward to seeing everyone!
              1989 Lachs
              1988 Lachs - sold
              1988 DS - sold
              Car blog
              Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

• RAD2LTR
                RAD2LTR commented
                Editing a comment
                If I had to guess, the E30 M3 crowd is a pretty respectful crowd. Not exactly the booming stereo, engine revving crowd. (At least that I've seen) lIt will be cool to see a bunch of M3s in one spot. I hope the weather cooperates for some good pics.

Wil

I extended the invitation to the Cosworth folks.
              sigpic

Comment

Sounds good.

I am already plotting the next gathering, since I know some people can't make it on 2/20. I am looking for feedback on when and where people would like to meet. I have a poll going on our FB group and the leading candidate is Saturday, 4/9. I've suggested a drive up Mount Hamilton. Please comment on this post with feedback on whether that works and if you have some good meet locations in mind.
                1989 Lachs
                1988 Lachs - sold
                1988 DS - sold
                Car blog
                Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

Pall,

Chris might be able to join the Emeryville get together and bring his Cosworth Evo 2! What time is the meet he wants to know.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Konig
                    Konig commented
                    Editing a comment
                    8a is our 'start' time.

2 weeks from tomorrow! I've got 11 people confirmed, plus the silent folks who will hopefully join us. Merc 190 guys may attend as well.

*edit* I have also marked 4/9 for the next gathering. I welcome ideas for where and when to gather. I will be out of town so if someone is willing to take over coordinating this one, that would be great.
                  1989 Lachs
                  1988 Lachs - sold
                  1988 DS - sold
                  Car blog
                  Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

Man! Too bad I have to be at work at 9:00AM. I wish we met in the evening such as the one we used to do in Tanforan shopping mall in San Bruno. Plenty of parking spots.
                    sigpic
                    1989 M3 Cabriolet "Reproduction" #787th?? :-)

Comment

Great! I just sent the join request. Thanks for letting me know
                    sigpic
                    1989 M3 Cabriolet "Reproduction" #787th?? :-)

Comment

I might be able to make it on 2/20. Looking forward to meeting the group. Anybody from east bay wants to caravan on the way in?

Comment

Reminder everyone - this event is this coming Saturday. Get your cars ready and clear your morning schedules!

We have 12 cars confirmed. Can't wait to meet everyone and their cars.
                        1989 Lachs
                        1988 Lachs - sold
                        1988 DS - sold
                        Car blog
                        Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

Working...
                        X