• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bimmerfest West May 26-27

Anyone attending this event?
    I just signed up for the autox

Hope to see guys out there.

Happy to report that the car competed admirably. Running street tires (toyo t1 sport) made finding the cars grip limits easier and it was great feeling how controlled it was at its edge. A little under steer was easily corrected with some throttle. This was my first event since 2015 and it was awesome. I was the second fastest e30 in the entire group, finishing at my personal best of 52.034. (I was one of 2) Top time at the course was 46.xxx seconds by an m10 powered e30 with NT01. Overall, this has been the best bimmerfest I have gone to in my 10+ years attending. The autox crowd was very friendly complimenting my car and offering ride alongs. This part of the event definitely housed the more performance minded enthusiast versus the show/stance crowd and for that i will be attending bimmerfest as an autox attendee as long as they have it.

Comment

Thank so for posting this. I flew into San Diego for the weekend to purchase a VW bus for my daughter. After seeing this I took the drive to the track today and spent a good part of the day there. Perfect day to see some great cars.

Got to love the southern Cal weather. Flying back to Boston tonight. It will either be 90 degrees or snowing there when I get back.

Comment

Working...
      X