No announcement yet.

E30 M3 only track event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm down in NJMP or WG and probably 4-5 more E30 M3 from NYBMWCCA members.

Comment

An E30 M3 only track day is somewhat optimistic as not that many owners are willing to put their car on track in a "non-parade lap" format. Track rental costs and insurance add up pretty quickly so it could be somewhat cost prohibitive.

Comment

I think there are still enough who do track their cars that it would be easy enough to assemble enough cars to buy a single run group in some other club's event.

I doubt it could be a BMWCCA event because of the DE nature and insurance, liability etc, but the precedent exists with other clubs who sell a run group inside their to an outside entity.
        I know EMRA and VRG have been doing this for a few years, and I think that some regions of BMWCCA Club Racing has been doing similar of buying a run group to put their club races in from a non-BMWCCA organizer.

We would have to find some open track day / driving club(s) who were open to selling off one run group and ask about the financials and the particulars.

Then you dont have to get enough cars to populate an entire event, track rental, ambulance, flaggers, etc. Just have to get enough cars to populate one run group (20-30-ish depending on track length).
        You are just buying 1/4 or 1/5th of the day.
        jimmy p.
        87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
        88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
        88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
        92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
        98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
        04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

In a couple of weeks I'll be headed to my fifth track day this year. I'd love to be in a group with multiple E30 M3s. That would be so cool. As it is I am the only E30 M3 out there. Just not that many in the PNW - Portland area - and even fewer who track their cars.

1990 M3

Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your M3

Comment

Happy to join but car isn't close to ready yet. Once it is - I will absolutely track it with anyone here. I don't see this car any different than any other E30 regardless of the market prices. But understand why some would shy away.

Comment

Several E30 M3 joining Badger Club at Road America in a few weeks.

Tony, Myself and Dave to name a few

I'll be at Club Motorsports next Friday/Sat

Also at VIR end October for the season finale

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

Club Motorsports Early October 2020 about 4 E30 M3's mostly all swapped
                Summit Point Mid October 2020 2 E30 M3, 1 swapped and 1 s14
                VIR Late October 2020.....tbd.....we usually get the biggest turn out of the year here. The Tarheel Chapter and VIR brings it !

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
                  Club Motorsports Early October 2020 about 4 E30 M3's mostly all swapped
                  Summit Point Mid October 2020 2 E30 M3, 1 swapped and 1 s14
                  VIR Late October 2020.....tbd.....we usually get the biggest turn out of the year here. The Tarheel Chapter and VIR brings it !
                  are you bringing an S14 or other?

T

Comment

Originally posted by HANDBLT View Post

are you bringing an S14 or other?

T
                    LTW engine swapped E30 M3 with the obese 6 speed.

Amazing time at VIR with the Tarheel chapter as always. A personal best for me with a 2:18 on DZ3's. I have a lot to learn as my lines are pretty bad. Braking is even worse. I'm fast in and slow out. Not a good combo when giving up loads or torque to the modern cars. Car last dyno'd at 225 and 177 to the wheels.

I'm decent in the uphill Esses just about flat out. Entry Speed is 115 and Exit speed is 108 mph. I just need more power! Anyway, Long live the mighty E30 M3.

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

Working...
                    X