swith on/off battery and PS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swith on/off battery and PS

Hi, I have 215PS M3. My battery is only 36Ah because of weight. When my car is "relax" battery is swith off. Before every start I must battery swith on (no problem). And now I have question. Is it bad for Motronic 3.1? Somebody tell me, that a few first km I go "calibrate" or "forced" regime. Is it true or no? When yes, how much km I go on, "calibrate" regime and with influence is on performance. ThankĀ“s for you idea. By Paul Slovakia

as far as I know the M3 ECU is not "learning" like the E36.
    Do you experience any problems so far?

Goodbye M3, you served me well.

Comment

i think you mean motronic 1.1?

no harm is being done. our cars do not need to calibrate themselves. the only harm you are doing is maybe to your sanity by increasing the number of times you have to reset the clock and your radio presets. i HATE disconnecting my battery for this reason!
      James
      sigpic

Comment

This is the exact setup I have on mine (tiny battery & cutoff switch)
        Do Not worry.
        I have been doing it for years with no problems.
        Carry on.
        Cheers
        jimmy p
        jimmy p.
        87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
        88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
        88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
        92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
        98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
        04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Thanks for your opinion. What do you think about minimum battery capacity for strarting M3. 36Ah, 30Ah, 24Ah ...? And what is optimum without problems during start. Thanks Paul

Comment

I thought even our Motronic stores values for the idle speed? Be it ICR or whatever.
            I disconnect the battery when I leave my car parked for longer and agree with the others that I never had an issue with it.

Comment

It does store some values, if u play around with the AFM or put any different injectors in the cars, its usually a good idea to do a battery reset. I did this on my 325is, i installed 17lb injectors and
              an AFM from a 7 series, needed to reset the ECU and let it idle for quite some time, then drive for the ECU to adapt to the new setup.
              E46 M3: Masterpiece, E36 M3: Classic, E30 M3: Legend
              BMW+Mini Tech

Comment

Been doing it for more than 4 yrs with no problem and my solution on the stereo reset is get a blaupunkt. They keep memory even with battery disconnected.
                Godspeed,
                John A.
                "If your ship doesnt come in, swim to it..."

M3 e30 2.5L | R8 v8 6mt | 996 GT3 mk1 | Integrale Evo Martini 6 | Dallara F303/4 Toms | Defender 90 NAS

Comment

Been doing it for more than 4 yrs with no problem and my solution on the stereo reset is get a blaupunkt. They keep memory even with battery disconnected.
                  Godspeed,
                  John A.
                  "If your ship doesnt come in, swim to it..."

M3 e30 2.5L | R8 v8 6mt | 996 GT3 mk1 | Integrale Evo Martini 6 | Dallara F303/4 Toms | Defender 90 NAS

Comment

OH yeah for sure, there will be zero issues with doing it. Just throwing in that the ecu will need to reset the variables for the engine management. :P
                    E46 M3: Masterpiece, E36 M3: Classic, E30 M3: Legend
                    BMW+Mini Tech

Comment

What about the SI batteries? Won't they get drained and shorten their life significantly?
                      "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

Working...
                      X