Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timsteren
    replied
    Hi. You might be able to use a bench top metal working vice to give your the necessary force to do the crimping.
    Cheers, Tim.

Leave a comment:

• NickS
    replied
    Thanks for the input guys, I'll see if I can get it crimped back into proper shape.

Leave a comment:

• jimmyC
    replied
    A good automotive electrical repair shop could crimp on a butt connector. The crimping tool required looks like a set of lock cutters, the handles are about 2 -3 ft. long.

jimmyC

Leave a comment:

• TheModernMtnMan
    replied

Thats 14mm, you can't crimp that with a regular crimper (14mm~= 4 or 6 AWG)
    thats also not easy to remove and rewire, not really worth the effort IMHO.
    I would solder and use a butt load of heat shrink tubing fallowed with lots of electrical tape.

Good luck
    Last edited by TheModernMtnMan; 07-10-2007, 07:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheModernMtnMan
    replied
    http://www.s14.net/photopost/showpho...o=6803&cat=500

Thats 14mm, you can't crimp that with a regular crimper (14mm~4 or 6 AWG)
    thats also not easy to remove and rewire, not really worth the effort IMHO.
    I would solder and use a butt load of heat shrink tubing fallowed with lots of electrical tape.

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• NickS
    started a topic Small black positive wire to battery

Small black positive wire to battery

Where does the small diameter wire that hooks up to the positive battery terminal connect to? It is tied up with the gigantic positive cable.
    I had to swap in a battery into my M3 which is bigger than my standard battery, so I was unable to use my normal tie-down bracket. As my luck would have it, the battery moved around enough to chafe through the shielding on the smaller diameter positive wire, causing lots of sparks in the trunk and lots of swearing on my part.

Looking at the diagram on realOEM, it looks like it ties into the positive terminal block under the hood? The wire is munched part-way through, so I'm wondering if I should just crimp/solder a new section on, or replace the whole thing. Things seem to work just fine after I taped up the offending area, but I'd rather not have an issue down the road if the tape wears through.
Working...
X