Suggestions on color for engine block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by autox320
    I'll never use black again; grey all the way. Easy on the eyes.
    Ford Grey is what I used. Makes it easier to spot oil leaks in my opinion. A dark engine bay generally makes it harder to see what's going on, as light is not reflected about as much.

G

Comment

Mine's blue.

Comment

Re: Regardless of Color

Originally posted by uxoman
        I would highly recommend Por-15 engine enamel paint products. The stuff goes on thick and is much harder than ordinary rattle can paint. I did my S14 block for the M2 project. The kit comes with everything you need to insure a long lasting finish. I purchased mine from a local automotive paint supply store, but check out the link.

http://www.por15direct.com/s.nl/sc.2...ategory.173/.f

Email me at [email protected] if you would like a pic of my S14

Yep. The body shop who has done 2 cars for me and recently restored my father's camaro insisted on POR-15 Chevy orange for the motor. It does take time to cure though....expect an average setup time but it can stay wet for a week. Good Luck

Comment

The Por is good stuff.. But fight the urge to apply thick coats. Thin coats will help drying time between applications. Also air movement seems to help setup time with a fan on low.

Comment

Great! Thanks for all who replied. I will let everyone know what color I choose.

Comment

Old thread, but can anyone tell me the purpose and/or part number of the screw plug down near the dipstick holder?

[/QUOTE]
              Mark

"She'll hold together. Hear me, baby? Hold together!" -- Han

Comment

this screw its the number 12 in this picture...
                http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...05&hg=11&fg=40

Comment

Working...
                X