Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I know what color I want to find...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I know what color I want to find...

Beggers can't be choosers, but damn, the first m3 I ever saw was black and I think after watching that Sport Evo video the one I get is going to black or dark metallic silver... there is something so sinister about black on that car. Sorry for the late night post whoring but damn... I can feel the itch coming back. I swear I will have one, it will take me a couple years but its worth the wait.
    NESBA #11
    "I hate the Postal service, but they bring my such cool sh!t."

US Army Infantry
    Taking out the Garbage; 1 body bag at a time.

"When you start riding you have a bag full of luck and a bag full of experiance. The Trick is to fill that bag of experiance before your bag of luck runs out."

"We the willing, lead by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungreatful.
    We have done so much with so little for so long that now we can do virtually anything with nothing."

The only trouble with black is that it is very hard to keep looking good. Particularly an older car (older paint job).

Comment

You cant beat silver!
      Wanted, Plastic E36 M3 cam cover from the USA

Comment

Black on black is my favorite too. It shouldn't be too hard to keep clean if it's not a DD. Also you can put unpainted CF parts on it w/o looking too ricey. The only other color you can do that with IMO is Nagaro silver
        "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

Damon in STL
          '99 e39 540 Sport 6spd (DD), '88 e30 M3 - GTS2 #72 - Motorcraft Ignition, Volvo Injectors, Thrush Turbo Muffler, Open Source ECU, Aerospace Connectors, Lowes' Polycarbonate, Alumacore Front Splitter and Rear Diffuser, Racer's Tape.

Comment

No way...HENNA rules!!!!

Cheers!
            John
            88M3 henna

73T100C
            97 540\6-Gone
            2008 MINI Clubman S

Comment

I own a black honda motorcycle, I know about the cleanliness of this color. It can be a pain in the arse but every time i look at it freshly washed it all seems justified.

Looks really good with the splitter and Evo II bumper for some reason.
              Last edited by Virgil; 07-03-2006, 03:35 PM.
              NESBA #11

US Army Infantry

"When you start riding you have a bag full of luck and a bag full of experiance. The Trick is to fill that bag of experiance before your bag of luck runs out."

"We the willing, lead by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungreatful.
              We have done so much with so little for so long that now we can do virtually anything with nothing."

Comment

Why? White rock!!!
                Ryan
                Because anything worth doing is worth doing fanatically!
                Born date 01/88
                Ryan

Comment

White looks great to, takes the "clean look" to a whole new level. Its almost as if u squint hard enough you can see the Motorsports touring car in the flesh.
                  NESBA #11

US Army Infantry

Comment

When I was looking for an e30 M3...I was not so much interested in the color because I loved the car so much. The important thing to me was that it was CLEAN enough for me to partially restore without spending $30K. IMO...the car looks good in every color it in which it was availabe. I'd concentrate on finding a solid example and going from there though black is nice!

Comment

I know, its just my brain playing tricks with me, I like it no matter what color it is (I have my limits; pink is a no-go).
                      NESBA #11

US Army Infantry

Comment

I have black........ it's the best color unless you want to DTM it........... then white is the best starting point. Otherwise, it's Darth Vader black on black baby all the way. Black in the big city on a summer nite............. HAWT-NESS !!!!

Comment

zino is the best

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineRunner View Post
                            Black on black is my favorite too. It shouldn't be too hard to keep clean if it's not a DD. Also you can put unpainted CF parts on it w/o looking too ricey. The only other color you can do that with IMO is Nagaro silver
                            It depends on where and how much CF you put on a car. If unpainted and used as an accent color I think it will look great and almost any color can make it work. I have an alpine and plan to carry the CF theme throughout the car and of course trying not to be ricey about it. In the front there will be a CF splitter, moving along I have CF vented mirrors and to the back the flap of the evo wing. Now if I left the whole wing unpainted CF now that would be ricey. I think the theme of CF accents works well with the white and gives it a contrast especially with all the black trim to go along with the car. I would like to smoke all the lights and end with some startecs to complete to look of white and black. I would add CF brake duct but they are difficult to located at this time.

I cant stand all the CF interior trim pieces that people have, it is just ridiculous and just plain tacky. But that's just my opinion
                            Drive it like you stole it!

Comment

I've always liked silver on BMW's and black on P cars. Having said that, jet black with red highlights is pretty sweet.

Comment

Working...
                              X