Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turner/Conforti vs iigomotiv vs GIAC/DSR chips for stock car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turner/Conforti vs iigomotiv vs GIAC/DSR chips for stock car?

Which one is the best? Everyone says theirs is so who has what and/or who has used/dynoed more than one in the same car and can share what they found?

Stock 2.3L car with no mods.

Thanks,

EricH
    sigpic
    2010 BMW Club Racing E30 M3 Touring Car Champion
    2011, 2013 SCCA Runoffs Super Touring Under 3.0L Bronze Medalist
    2011 SCCA Jim Fitzgerald Rookie of the Year
    2012 SCCA Northeast Divisional STU Champion
    2015 SCCA Runoffs STU Polesitter

I love my iigomotive chip. I can't comment on the others, but I had a Dinan chip in the car from when I bought it, I tried the iigomotiv chip and the difference is night and day. I have used a conforti chip in my car before and the difference was negligable from the Dinan chip. We had two ECU's and switched them back and forth a number of times. I could barely tell the difference between the two. iigomotiv definitely is a significant improvement

Comment

I have heard numerous people say the iigo is better than Turners. Enging runs and idles smoother and makes more power. Also with highly tuned, cammed engines, the iigo stops pinging, which is a problem with Turners. I have not heard anything about GIAC/DSR.
      Disclaimer: I do not have personal experience with any of these chips. I'm waiting until I get my cams installed to get the iigo chip for schrick cams!
      "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

hey, my buddy and i have exact same stock car/ same mileage, but he has a iigomotiv chip, and i have the conforti chip. our driving experince is about the same so we did about 5 or so straight line races( all from rolling start) just to see how the chip compared. every time, off the jump i would pull about a car length ahead of him ( i have conforti chip) and then once we were into 4th gear, he would slowly pull on me and end up about 1 car length ahead of me at about 125mph. in my opinion, theres no significant difference between the chips. fyi,my car runs great on conforti chip.

Comment

Seth,

To make the comparison more scientific, you should swap DME's and repeat your tests.

-Dietrich
          (w/ Iigo chip)

Comment

I've got the iigo chip and used to have the dinan. the iigo was a lot better than my dinan chip, but it could have been an earlier version dinan chip.

the iigo feels like it's better, but honestly i dont think there can be THAT much of a difference between them. there's only so much you can tune the engine (for a normal road car) and conforti has had a lot of exeperience tuning bmw's.

so if you have a stock chip, i would recommend the iigo, but if you've already got an aftermarket chip, probably wouldnt be worth it to change.

Comment

unless your aftermarket chip is a Dinan, then it's worth it

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3
                unless your aftermarket chip is a Dinan, then it's worth it
                hehe, ok. if it's dinan you can replace it. anyone wanna buy a dinan chip from me?

Comment

The most reasonable verdict is that the difference between conforti and Iigo would be minimal at best, but I still think the catchy name is reason enough to upgrade.

But, I suggest we all compliment our chips with performance decals, those with Dinan chips should use at least 3 performance enhancing stickers to recoup the 10 hp deficit.

TJ
                  '91 318i "does it all"
                  '91 Klein Rascal "eco-friendly"

Comment

On a related note, how tough is the chip to install? I am considering purchasing the iigomotiv chip very soon.
                    My old M3, still looking for another... :peekaboo:

Comment

still don't think we've ever seen a Iigo RS chip dyno plot
                      A friend will come bail you out of jail, but a TRUE friend will be sitting next to you in the jail cell saying, "Dude, that was focking awesome!"

Comment

Originally posted by datsunfreak
                        On a related note, how tough is the chip to install? I am considering purchasing the iigomotiv chip very soon.
                        Very easy to install. Takes about 20 minutes. Pull the DME, open, remove old chip and replace with new one. Close up DME and reinstall.

Jordan
                        "Never lift"

Comment

Originally posted by jordantii
                          Very easy to install. Takes about 20 minutes.
                          Thanks for the info.

And with no glove box in my car, the job should go even quicker. :p
                          My old M3, still looking for another... :peekaboo:

Comment

Excuse the Hijack.

Has JC always burnt chips for Turner?
                            If not, When did this occur?
                            m

Comment

JC sold his chip business to Turner about 5? years ago.
                              sigpic
                              2010 BMW Club Racing E30 M3 Touring Car Champion
                              2011, 2013 SCCA Runoffs Super Touring Under 3.0L Bronze Medalist
                              2011 SCCA Jim Fitzgerald Rookie of the Year
                              2012 SCCA Northeast Divisional STU Champion
                              2015 SCCA Runoffs STU Polesitter

Comment

Working...
                              X