Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Piggy-backing two chips in the motronic..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piggy-backing two chips in the motronic..

Anybody had experience of running more than one chip and having a cockpit switch to toggle between the two maps?

Munich Legends suggested this to me a while back and offered to piggy back a Group N chip on the standard one.

Any thoughts on whether this would make sense. I can't decide in my head whether a properly mappped chip for your car (thinking Bexley, UK) is going to be the most efficient AND the fastest, or whether you could tailor 1 map for outright performance and another for economy/drivability.

Cheers

Motorsport Holiday for you and your m3
    Nick Vyse
    M2 Touring
    (s14 powered 2002)

That sounds like a lot more trouble than it's worth. If driven the same way, maybe you would save 1-2 mpg with a stock chip. I have always thought, however, that a performance chip tuned to your car would make it burn the fuel more efficiently and therefore get better fuel economy...as long as you don't use the newfound power. I don't really know that though..just my intuition.
    "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

Working...
    X