Life after Iigomotiv chips...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life after Iigomotiv chips...

As far as I am aware, Iigomotiv no longer produce their e30 M3 chip, please tell me I am wrong here....

I need a chip, so now what? Turner...?

Someone buy the Iigo licence and burn em?

So, if you are selling an Iigo chip, please PM me...

Cheers
    Ash

Sold...

I am in the same boat as you. Had the Dian chip, wanted the iigo, but after a while of waiting I went with TMS. The car runs much much better. It might be a little more powerful, but what I like most about tms over dinan is the torque curve does in fact seem smoother. The engine seems to maintain the idle speed better and there is no flat spot around 3krpm any more.

I think iigo from tms isn't going to be a huge difference but then again never had the iigo.

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

Comment

I have had the TMS for both the 2.3 and the 2.5. I have had a good experience with both configurations.

Best,
      -Sean

Comment

I like the JC/TMS 2.3 chip (what I have). Great idle in all conditions, and smooth power band through out the rev range. The Iigo chip feels very good @WOT but I donít know much more as I only spent a small time driving a friendís car. Consensus seems to be the 2.3 JC/TMS does everything well.
        Last edited by Sbailey294; 06-21-2006, 07:39 AM.
        Steve
        "Technology is the only replacement for displacement" - TRD

(For business related questions please contact my other user name 'Steve@VAC')

Comment

I just gave up on the Iigo a few days ago and got the JC chip. From what I heard the JC chip is a close second, and the main benefit of the Iigo chip is that it runs a little smoother in the lower RPMs and makes little more power. But nothing huge. That's for the stock/stock chip However, I was looking for the benefit of the 284/276 chip and I feel here the Iigo would have been more than I little better.
          "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

The IIGO chips can still be had. Luis's email is s14chips@sbcglobal.net I just installed a brand new one.

Will
            '69 Datsun 2000 Roadster vintage race car (Street driven on a regular basis :taz
            '59 Alfa Romeo 101 Sprint (HUGE project :uhoh
            '88 M3

Comment

Is there a de-facto place where I can read up on chip options? I need to start from zero. Thanks. -sf

Comment

All you can really do is search. I went with the IIGo because I read a lot of threads about the Turner/Conforti chips being linked to blown motors. I didn't find a single thread about an IIGO chip and a blown motor. The Dinan one doesn't offer much of anything over a stock chip from what I've read on here. Here is the old IIGO site and chip page. http://web.archive.org/web/200406022...hipTuning.aspx

Will
                '69 Datsun 2000 Roadster vintage race car (Street driven on a regular basis :taz
                '59 Alfa Romeo 101 Sprint (HUGE project :uhoh
                '88 M3

Comment

Working...
                X