Chip Compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip Compatible?

im running The CF airbox wth Alhpa n, 50/50 mm manifold attached to ss full race crnter section and muffler. Can anyone tellme whts the best chip to use?
    -Tony-
    1991 M3 10Km
    1989 M3
    BEGINS HERE

A custom one.

Comment

Dinan, Iggomotive, Autothority, JC/TMS...the choice is yours. If you have good quality, high oct gas go for JC/TMS

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
      85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
      91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, i guess its the Jc/tms chip i can run the high octane 94
        -Tony-
        1991 M3 10Km
        1989 M3
        BEGINS HERE

Comment

I can modify the FQS settings so that you get a lot of control over timing (approx. +/- 5 degrees in 1.5 deg. steps). Since you have Alpha-N, you can fine tune the fuel that way. This lets you adjust to different octanes and allows you to optimize timing for your particular engine.

-Luis

Comment

I would recommend having Luis (Iigomotive) make you a custom chip. I have mine, works awesome!
            What??? an E30 M3 for sale??? I'll be right there!!!

Comment

how do i go about getting luis to make it for me. do i send you my chip or do you have them for sale.. when it gets to setting the Alpha N i know im gonna have problems setting everything or is it easy
              -Tony-
              1991 M3 10Km
              1989 M3
              BEGINS HERE

Comment

I just bought a 88 m3 and I also bought a Dinan chip for it. As I put it in I found another aftermarket chip had been installed that did not correspond to the OEM part number. I put the Dinan in because of its reputation for smooth power and reliability. It is all that; but I am interested in finding out what this other chip is. It has the numbers 1267355547 on it and a blue marker pen dot. All the research I have done seems to point to an Iigomotive chip. Does anyone know what this is. Stenzgr

Comment

With all the money you put into the car so far, why not take the extra step and do it right. A custom chip will take into account all the components you have on the car and adjust the fuel curve accordingly. Most chips on the market usually base it on stock components.

Comment

Originally posted by Stenzgr View Post
                    I just bought a 88 m3 and I also bought a Dinan chip for it. As I put it in I found another aftermarket chip had been installed that did not correspond to the OEM part number. I put the Dinan in because of its reputation for smooth power and reliability. It is all that; but I am interested in finding out what this other chip is. It has the numbers 1267355547 on it and a blue marker pen dot. All the research I have done seems to point to an Iigomotive chip. Does anyone know what this is. Stenzgr
                    no idea...but if it is iigo...then ditch the Dinan and use that :wee:

Comment

With that part number and a blue pen dot, that is definitely not an iigo chip.

-Luis

Comment

it's a stock chip:

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...&highlight=547

Comment

Originally posted by hardtailer View Post
                          Thanx, this is very helpful; This makes sense since I felt a noticable difference with the Dinan chip. I will save it now, and if I sell the M3, probably not, I at least have it to replace. Thanx again, great blog

Comment

Working...
                          X