Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ECU chips for schricks 284/276 and other combos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU chips for schricks 284/276 and other combos?

If running alpha N and airbox, either 2.3L or 2.5L, which ECU chips are you guys running for timing ?
    Photos

Iigo chip all the way. Luis Marques will hook you up.
    What??? an E30 M3 for sale??? I'll be right there!!!

Comment

It's been awhile since I've been online, but do you have a link for Iigomotive?

Iigomotive still in business?

thanks
      Photos

Comment

Iigo is out of business due to Jefrems untimely passing. However, Luis still can produce the chips. Search and you should find info on him.
        Cheers,
        John
        88M3 henna

73T100C
        97 540\6-Gone
        2008 MINI Clubman S

Comment

Luis' S14.net ID is "marques"

He'll set you straight..
          Mark Williams
          Dallas, TX

Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a search... oh wait... looks like they are all gone! :rastajake:

sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys, sent Marques a PM yesterday.

I also contacted Doug at Turner Motorsports. He said thier 2.5L chip can be made to work with any Schricks under a 304 duration.
            Photos

Comment

This was my experience, take it for what it's worth.
              I built a 2.5 with the Turner kit and the Turner (Conforti chip). As my parts specs changed, I updated the chip with the chips Turner had in stock up the point where their off the shelf chips ended. I wasn't too concerned, becuase my hardware matched what they said the chip was designed for, including Schricks. Long story short, one cracked block and three head repairs due to burning the combustion chambers eventually needing a new head, two cracked pistons and thousands of dollars I learned that the issue had been timing that was WAY too aggressive for the motor, even though I was told it would "work". I don't know exactly where my formula differed from what they did when they set up the chip, but obviously there was a major difference. The moral of the story is that any chip has to be specific for your engine, there is no one chip that does everything for everybody. This being said, I would suggest (other than a stand alone ECU) that you work with a chip programmer that can adapt and modify the code with feedback that you can provide, or better yet, he could burn one built just for your car.

NASA GTS5 #945
              NASA GTS5 Midwest Regional Champion ('09,'11,'12 & '14)

Comment

Sprytel....

I had the same motor... same Wisecos.. did the same with the TMS chips,
                going from base 2.5L to D-Mod 2.5l and had the same issues... I blew a
                head gasket about every 18 months, and now am *very* proficient at cylinder head removal and install... I fiinally blew a head gasket for the final time in the middle of a session at Barber Motorsports Park and all the coolant was forced out.. coolant light came on at the end of the session and I pulled in one lap early and the car overheated... I added coolant and the car drove
                onto the trailer but later found the head was warped to FUBAR status and finally found I had a cracked block after swapping on another head... :music:

I'm not sure I would lay this completely on the chip, because Jim C. was THE MAN, back in the day... but I'll tell you the timing on that chip was way too aggressive for my setup, (E3/E2 cams, big injectors, sport evo AFM) and a friend of mine with the same setup and 284/276 Schrick had the same issues.. We both ended up as beta testers for iigomotiv

I'm building another 2.5.. and the TMS Wiseco pistons are NOT part of the new equation and I sold my TMS chip long ago... not sure if it was pistons,
                chip. my build, or a combination of the three but glad to hear I am not the only one or just abusive to my motor!
                Mark Williams
                Dallas, TX

Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a search... oh wait... looks like they are all gone! :rastajake:

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, thats the type of senerio I fear with putting this kind of money into my engine. I'm on email now with Luis Marques. I'm working out details, and feel more confident with his chips (Iigomotive). He can change the FQS to be for ignition timings instead of fuel adjustments. Sounds like the direction I want to take.

Anyone give me a base of what fuel pressure I should be running with this setup.

2.5L crank
                  2.5L group A replica pistons 11.5:1
                  pair of 284 schricks
                  evo injectors
                  adjustable fuel pressure regulator (?? bar)
                  Alpha N
                  DTM CF airbox
                  Photos

Comment

M3 adjuster,
                    Think of all the money we would have saved knowing this!
                    I'm glad (?) that it wasn't just me, or something that I did.
                    I hope everyone reads this and benefits from our misfortune.
                    This is one reason why I no longer do business with a certain vender.
                    I finally went the route of a stand alone ECU and I wish I had done it years ago.
                    I would encourage everyone out there to look into it. I know they aren't cheap and dyno time is expensive, but in the end it would have been cheaper than new heads and new blocks.

NASA GTS5 #945
                    NASA GTS5 Midwest Regional Champion ('09,'11,'12 & '14)

Comment

Bad pinging problems with the "DMod" chip- avoid it at all costs on a 2.5 IMO. Iigo is the way to go.

Comment

I bought my car with a poorly tuned chip in it. Never new it till I lost #2 spark do to my piston breaking apart and pinching closed plug. I now know it was from pinging/detonation problems. Now 8 months later and $8000. I will surely look into it. Thanks.
                        -Darren

Comment

I'd also highly recommend an A/F guage, or at minimum dyno the car to see if A/F ratios are good.
                          What??? an E30 M3 for sale??? I'll be right there!!!

Comment

Anyone give me an idea of what fuel pressure I should be running with this setup?

Or for the guys running 2.5Ls with 284/276 combos with evo injectors, what fuel pressure your running?

Which aftermarket FPR regulator do you recommend?

2.5L crank
                            2.5L group A replica pistons 11.5:1
                            pair of 284 schricks
                            evo injectors
                            adjustable fuel pressure regulator (?? bar)
                            Alpha N
                            DTM CF airbox
                            Photos

Comment

Working...
                            X