X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShepsEVO3
    replied
    Originally posted by the bear View Post
    Hi, I have a 2.5 sport evo that is running standard, would a TMS/JC chip work fine with my car, there is a flat spot between 2500rpm and 3500rpm. All I want is the car to be running right im not looking for big power as the car is fast enough and I wont be tracking it at all, but would like the car to have no flat spot.
    Cheers
    Gary.
    I think those are US spec chips and the timing will be retarded, unless they do a chip for Euro cars with higher octane fuels available.

For what its worth, Superchips have a good map for the Sport Evo. But you can't get better than a live remap on the dyno using the unichip, optimised power and fuel economy at the same time But Gary, you know that already lol. And you can retain the standard AFM and plenum

Leave a comment:

• the bear
    replied
    Hi, I have a 2.5 sport evo that is running standard, would a TMS/JC chip work fine with my car, there is a flat spot between 2500rpm and 3500rpm. All I want is the car to be running right im not looking for big power as the car is fast enough and I wont be tracking it at all, but would like the car to have no flat spot.
    Cheers
    Gary.

Leave a comment:

• M3Driver
    replied
    I have been running a Turner Motorsport (Jim Conforti) chip for a long time, seems to do the trick

Leave a comment:

• MTree
    replied
    Search. Theres a section called ECU chips on the Home page under FAQ
    Last edited by MTree; 09-17-2008, 09:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• pmonsour
    replied
    I was wondering what chips people here recommend? I have always been hesitant of putting one in because I just didn't want to take a chance. any recommendations on a good one and a good place to pick one up?

Leave a comment:

• stevesingo
    replied
    Go to a rolling road (one that has wide band lambda and a decent knock detection) with both chips and do a back to back test. For not much money you will know for sure if it is any good. Cheaper than another chip!

If it is Poo e mail the seller with the results and demand your money back!

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Goodfella
    replied
    Yeh I think Ill give it a miss. Its really not worth the risk!

Thanks alot!

Leave a comment:

• JEDM3
    replied
    Get a known chip. A bad chip could damage the motor, too much risk to take a chance.

Leave a comment:

• OnrailsM3
    replied
    Put it back on ebay and get a jimC or IIGO chip.

Leave a comment:

• LeeVuong
    replied
    Whenever you will have a problem with your engine, you will probably blame it on this unknown chip. For the sake of a quiet mind, I would recommend to say thanks to your girl, but buy a real chip from a known brand. JC/Turner, Iiigomotiv, what else?

Leave a comment:

• Munkee_Boy
    replied
    I dont know if this helps, but I went and did a search online and found this...

http://www.viper-motorsport.de/shop/...l_549_R569.htm

I have no idea if this is the same company, i cant read any of it but I saw BMW M3 as part of the discription...so i figured I would post the link....good luck
    Last edited by Munkee_Boy; 06-02-2007, 09:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• chutrain
    replied
    They are definitely copies of the better known chips. There is always someone out to make a quick buck. Instead of messing with air-to-fuels mixtures and other adjustments, way not just copy someone elses work. It's not like the S14 chips are as popular as a Honda chip, so no use in a one-time deal that will ruin you ebay reputation and just one sale.

I would stick it in for now and eventually get a JC or Iigomotiv chip for peace of mind.

Leave a comment:

• AlpineRunner
    replied
    hahaha, I dunno. I'd run it and see how the car feels. It probably is a copy because not many non-bmw specific comanies make chips for the E30 M3 (besides autothority). As long as it's not one of those things that tricks the computer into thinking it's getting more air than it is or that the coolant is still cold to get more fuel, it's probably OK, haha.

Leave a comment:

• ///M3 Terr
    replied
    You've got a good girl there, her heart was in the right place, so I wouldn't tell her the chip is a POS. Just tell her that you really love it and that it makes the car much faster. We lie to our women all the time...No honey, your ass doesn't look fat in those pants!

Leave a comment:

• Bavarian3
    replied
    A lot of the non-M3 guys have bought ebay chips before and stated no problems. I am sure it is a copy of Dinan, Jim C or even Autothority. If these guys have never created a chip for a certain car, its a copy of another chip.

That being said; one doesn't know the longevity of such chips nor their characteristics. I would rather install another chip.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X