• Show
Clear All

• 89alpine
    replied
    help !

Leave a comment:

• 89alpine
    replied
    Thanks for the chip and evo cam gear info. Anyone have any info on the DME (schematic)? I've had my car of the road for a few years (insurance,girlfriend etc.).
    Doesn't want to start. Fuel pump does not buzz unless I jump it at the relay. Checked relays themselves, they're ok. I think the main relay is not getting a proper ground from the DME. Thoughts?

thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• Magnus
    replied
    You can find more about the chip here. I believe the member name is Marqees
    http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...ight=iigomotiv

Jim Conforti/JC chip has always been a tried and true product.
    Here's 2 pretty good Cam threads:
    http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...ight=evo-2+cam
    http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...ight=272%2F264

Leave a comment:

• 89alpine
    replied
    Hey,

Can't find any info on the IIgomotiv chips ?!

thnx

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - AUTOMERGED! There's no thread "bumping" or "double posting" within a 24hr period. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hey,
    I was considering a Conforti chip and an Evo cam gear on my stock e30 m3. I've been reading through s14 for a few days now. Alot of info but not sure of the best way to go. Car will be mostly for the street. Any thoughts?
    thanks
    Last edited by 89alpine; 04-04-2008, 10:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Leave a comment:

• ADA///M
    replied
    Volunteer Beta Tester here....if you need it...lol

Leave a comment:

• jefrem
    replied
    Thanks for all of the interest. Regarding HP gains, etc., please stay tuned for the full product introduction. Let me say, however, that we wouldn't have invested the time and money in this project if there hadn't been room for improvement over what was already available.

Leave a comment:

• inzyi
    replied
    How many HP are gained from the JC chip? Dinan? Not advertised numbers, but real numbers from people that have them in ur cars.

Leave a comment:

• EVOIIIM3
    replied
    Originally posted by jefrem
    Yes, we'll be releasing chips for various S14 incarnations -- the public announcement will occur in the next 4-6 weeks as we wrap up the Beta program for the first release (which also included a California variant specifically designed to address the 91 octane issue).

While the initial release will be the SS/RS family (stock 2.3L engines), other variants will follow shortly thereafter.

Thanks for your interest!
    Need any Beta testers for built 2.5l street cars?

I really would like a new chip!!

Leave a comment:

• Stan
    replied
    Bear in mind on the Dinan chips that most are the old, original version with changes only to the WOT map. Most folks converting from Dinan to JC have the old Dinan chip, which sucked. Dinan upgraded it several times and supposedly it's not bad at present. JC has been THE chip for some time...it's nice to see that there is a new challenger coming soon.

Stan
    Last edited by Stan; 12-16-2003, 04:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jefrem
    replied
    Originally posted by Blueprint
    I forgot to mention this is a California car so I'm going to be working with 91 octane here. I'm kind of concerned with the possible pinging and detonation problems that I've read that the JC chips xp.
    Yes, we'll be releasing chips for various S14 incarnations -- the public announcement will occur in the next 4-6 weeks as we wrap up the Beta program for the first release (which also included a California variant specifically designed to address the 91 octane issue).

While the initial release will be the SS/RS family (stock 2.3L engines), other variants will follow shortly thereafter.

Thanks for your interest!

Leave a comment:

• Blueprint
    replied
    I forgot to mention this is a California car so I'm going to be working with 91 octane here. I'm kind of concerned with the possible pinging and detonation problems that I've read that the JC chips xp.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff J.
    replied
    Without a doubt, wait for the iigomotiv chips. They are so superior to the JimC. I have tested both, I can tell you this hands down. I think Jefrem is a few weeks away from the official launch of the chip but he is here on the board so he should be able to explain better.

Leave a comment:

• vlad
    replied
    Originally posted by Mad Mike
    I had both when I had my 1991 M3. My personal opinion was that the Dinan chip gave me a little more pull in the lower gears (1st and 2nd) and that the Jim Conforti chip gave me mad pull from the end of 2nd all the way to the end of 4th. Naturally I preferred the Conforti as I didnt believe in beating the car up in lower gears. Just my observations from personal experience and mind you I had the 2.3l.

Mad Mike
    I will be able to tell the difference as soon as I will get the Dinan chip from Mike

Leave a comment:

• ADA///M
    replied
    Jim C chip is more aggressive(read: more hp) throughout the rev range than the Dinan Chip...

Before you get any chip....check with Jefrem at Igomotiv...hes on the board...supposedly they have some new chips coming out that seem to be getting good reviews.

ADA///M

Leave a comment:

• Mad Mike
    replied
    I had both when I had my 1991 M3. My personal opinion was that the Dinan chip gave me a little more pull in the lower gears (1st and 2nd) and that the Jim Conforti chip gave me mad pull from the end of 2nd all the way to the end of 4th. Naturally I preferred the Conforti as I didnt believe in beating the car up in lower gears. Just my observations from personal experience and mind you I had the 2.3l.

Mad Mike

Leave a comment:

Working...
X