Installed: Street Prepared IIgomotiv Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed: Street Prepared IIgomotiv Chip

I got my IIgomotiv chip in the mail today. The one that is optimized for use with upgraded camshafts. It's designed for 284/276 applications, but I'm running a 276/264 setup and iigomotiv claims it works well with that as well.

I had the Dinan chip in the car (installed when I bought the car) and I had driven back to back with a conforti installed ECU in my car a number of times. After I put the cams in we went Dinan, JC, and back and forth a number of times. my mechanic claimed he felt a difference, but we both agreed it was too minimal to warrant buying a JC chip and dumping the Dinan.

Well the iigomotiv chip is certainly a step up from my Dinan chip. The car pulls from much lower RPMS harder than it ever did. It also pulls hard all the way to redline with no noticable loss of power near or around 7000RPM like I had with the Dinan. Plus, I can now drive the car faster at part throttle with the iigomotiv chip than I could at full throttle with the dinan chip.

I know it's a decent writeup considering I put the chip in at 3pm today. But since then I have driven over 200 miles to denver where I'll stay the weekend, and auto-x on sunday. I've never been able to pull over the mountain passes (two passes about 11,000' in altitude) as easily and hard as I did today. The combo of the chip and a few other mods since the last time I"ve gone over the mountains has helped. But the chip definitely has a noticable power increase. I have no dyno numbers, and probably never will. But it feels better and the car goes like stink in comparison. Plus, I dropped almost 1800' in altitude today, and that helped the power in the car as well too. i"m loving it today, for the first time in a long time, my M3 puts me back in my seat and it feels great. Plus, I outpulled some Z28 camaro with a loud 'ole exhaust on it, and that was cool too.

HOpe that provided some insight. I bought this chip 6 months ago, and just received it today. It was worth the wait, I'm glad I held out and didn't go with the conforti. THis is measurably more powerful. Now maybe i"ll swap out to a 284/276 cam combo and see what this chip was really made for

Dave

excellent write up! I will have to get one of these as I just picked up some 284/276 cams I'm very glad they finally made it.
    "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

I want to try one of these chips also. Jefrem you listening.....?

I just ran some wideband O2 logs on my car with the Jim C. chip from Turner installed. Might just be my car, but at full throttle there are some VERY lean spots that kind of concern me. At WOT 3700 RPM I am at around 18 AFR.....Yikes! I also get a bit of detonation with this chip, even running 100 octane if it is warm outside. For my car, on CA 91 octane, the Jim C chip is not really usable. Detonation everywhere.

I am interested in trying Jefrem's chip for my combo with CA 91 octane gas.

Comment

I couldn't find any info on iigomotive. Could you give me some contact info?

Thanks.

Comment

HERE

Comment

thanks!

Comment

I have a stock car with the 276 284 cams , and i just installed my iigomotiv chip the sp one made just for these cams and wow it made such a big difference. I have never had any other chip in my car to compair buttt I can say this one feels very strong all the way thourgh the Rpms. My 2 cents.

Comment

Is 276/264 stock?

Comment

Is 276/264 stock?
                  No, 248/248 is stock. I think "EVO 2" had 264/248....."EVO 3" had 272/248.

So 276/264 would be a Schrick/EVO 2 combo.

Comment

Sorry guys I guess I should have explaind myself a little better I have a stock car other than the 276 284 cams.

Comment

Hi, Sounds like a killer chip...I'd want one, but.. you think it will take 6 months to get this chip if I order it now?

Thanks!

Comment

I Got mine really fast, like in 3 or 4 days. I did order it online but I dont konw it came fast.

Comment

no, it won't take 6 months. I ordered mine when it was still in development. It took so long because development took longer than expected. There was nothing I could do but wait, so I did, and now the wait is over. Worthwhile.

Ironhead, you've got it. I've got the Schrick/EVO2 combo.

Dave

Comment

Attn : Jeffrem

With so much interest in this chip it seems like the rest of us are in a way using 1985 Compaq computers...Now what I was hoping for is to get a s14.net only discount for these chips...say 180 shipped or 200 shipped.....Can anyone track down Jeffrem on a good day and ask him to consider.....Im sure we could easily get over 15 units....Anyone else in other than me? come on dont be shy......Im pretty sure that Shahe and Avo would be interested?

OK its worth a try...

- Ara:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
                            -Ara

DEATH TO GARAGE QUEENS

Comment

shiat, I'd be in. But the GB would have to be for all his chips not just the Street Prepared b/c not that many ppl have those cams.
                              "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

Working...
                              X