JC/Turner Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JC/Turner Chip

hey guys im semi-new to this forum. i just have a quick question. i found someone selling a used JC chip on the turner motorsports classifieds and i was wondering what do you guys think of buying a used chip? do you think its ok? just the same as a new chip? any info would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    drew
    When life passes you by...just downshift.

New or used doesn't matter as long as the chip is good. Used chips are more susceptible to damage through mishandling though. Get it from a reliable source and make sure they package it correctly in eprom foam or case and anti-static bagging.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
    85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
    91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

See if the seller can guarantee working condition and that the packaging is appropiate.
      m

Comment

I've heard that iigomotiv chip is better. Do a search about that chip, meanwhile here is the link to the manufacturer;
        http://www.iigomotiv.com/

Comment

There has been a lot of forging of the TMS/Conforti Chip recently. Not necessarily with our cars, but there have been a few different cases of faked chips that do not work but look very similar. See if the seller can get you a pic of the label and chip.

Comment

i agree that the iigomotiv is better. unless youre getting a great price on it, might wanna look into the iigomotiv. its only $250 new.

but as long as the chip is real, it can be used; it doesnt matter. those eproms they use keep the programming forever and the only way to erase it is take off the top sticker and stick it under some UV light.

Comment

Working...
            X