Finally got my M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got my M3

Well today i received my M3 i purchased from someone on Ebay. It was shipped from Texas. First thing i noticed was that the front and rear bumpers were not fitting correctly after a closer look. I noticed the front bumper barckets were not installed correctly. The rear bumper i still havent looked at yet. There is an exhaust leak by the muffler and exhaust is entering the car. The owner is willing to reduce the price by $500.00 . Any thoughts

Joe

how much are you paying for the whole car?

Comment

Re: Finally got my M3

Originally posted by beemerjunkie
      There is an exhaust leak by the muffler and exhaust is entering the car.
      Is there a hole in the chassis too?

Hey Joe.... JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Are you still there?

C'mon Joe... say something! those fumes will kill you...

Comment

Finally got my M3

No hole in Chassis. The leak is coming from the muffler. I paid $9000. Trying to decide wrer to start. At least the mechanic said the engine was still strong.

Joe

Comment

congrat's joe..and welcome to the cult.
          :burn:RED DRAGON

Comment

I bought my 88 m3 from ebay too. It is amazing what the seller fails to disclose (bad battery, bad rear wheel bearing, etc.). What a great car though - you will love it.
            Speedrr
            [email protected]

Comment

Why were the brackets off in the first place for them to be reinstalled incorrectly now? I would look under both bumpers for accident damage. Something sounds fishy. Better to be safe than sorry.

Comment

It looks like when he had the car repainted. The body shop damaged the plastic brackets. I ordered new ones today and hope to have them by friday. Found the muffler has some major cracks in it. Will have that replaced tomorrow. :idea:

Comment

I bought mine sight unseen too, though I had a shop do a pre-purchase inspection for me. I rushed things a little and now I'm paying to sort all the issues out. The inspection was less than thorough.

At this point the car is yours, correct? Even if you could send it back who would pay shipping?

Did you run a carfax? If it's a salvage car it's probably best to try to get out of it now. If it's a clear title and no accidents like mine you just suck it up and fix the car. They are worth it.
                  Todd
                  '91 M3
                  '71 911
                  '90 Gli

Comment

Why is this in the classified section???

Jordan
                    "Never lift"

Comment

Originally posted by jordantii
                      Why is this in the classified section???

Jordan
                      Because it's classified info...the eBay seller can't see this.

If that's all you can find on an car you bought sight unseen for $9k then I think you're doing very well. The bumper problem is very common, especially in the rear. And holes in an 18yo muffler can be expected too.

Congrats on the purchase...now get this thread moved unless you want someone to buy it from you and post some pics!
                      "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

got my m3 from ebay as well as soon as i got home 250 miles i got the wrong cams. how bad is that. after paying 14k (w/2.5 motor) for the car cost me another 3k to get it right. but thats ok love the car dyno 210whp and now planning to spend another 10k for paint wheels and more goodies
                        Last edited by atan888; 02-22-2006, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X