X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STAGGEREDM3
    replied
    Originally posted by Braap View Post
    How the hell do you guys get insurance for your cars for like $200-500/year. Every company I've talked to is $250+/month for full coverage!!!

LOL ^ I have the same issue.

Leave a comment:

• Braap
    replied
    How the hell do you guys get insurance for your cars for like $200-500/year. Every company I've talked to is $250+/month for full coverage!!!

Leave a comment:

• Wharthog
    replied
    I shopped around and Hagerty's was the outfit for my needs...

Leave a comment:

• ///schwartzman
    replied
    My bad, that is for 5K miles/yr.

Leave a comment:

• FRNTHVY
    replied
    I wonder how this will play into the sale prices of these cars.

Leave a comment:

• FRNTHVY
    replied
    This is awesome news!

Leave a comment:

• pmonsour
    replied
    Originally posted by ///schwartzman View Post
    I just went to AAA to get a quote for insurance since my rebuild, and was quotedfor a stated collectors car value of $18,700 (the high value according to NADA):

Full Comprehensive/ Collision and Uninsured Motorist @ 100K/300K = $200/yr.
    -with 2 tickets
    -over 25 yrs. old
    -AAA membership
    Did AAA have a mile limit? I just finished mine and need a little more coverage then $3K but would like to drive it as much as I can.

Leave a comment:

• M3 Adjuster
    replied
    State Farm offers Classic car (15 years old) and Collector Car (25 years old) insurance I believe... I got a letter in the mail advising that my car was eligible for Classic car coverage.

Leave a comment:

• jhl771029
    replied
    I have state farm for my lexus, BMW's for years.. last time I asked them, they said our cars dont qualify for classic car ins yet.. I have 88 model.. I dont know..

Leave a comment:

• ///schwartzman
    replied
    Just wanted to ressurect this thread as I know a lot of owners may want to try to take advantage of the savings and coverage our cars deserve....

I just went to AAA to get a quote for insurance since my rebuild, and was quotedfor a stated collectors car value of $18,700 (the high value according to NADA):

Full Comprehensive/ Collision and Uninsured Motorist @ 100K/300K = $200/yr.
    -with 2 tickets
    -over 25 yrs. old
    -AAA membership

Leave a comment:

• mtony
    replied
    My 45K mile Henna is insured with American Collectors also. Hagerty and Grundy both required an independant appraisal to insure my car for $30K which is what it is insured for with American Collectors. All three of the companies require you to have more cars than drivers in your household so it can't be considered a daily driver. Since I don't drive my car much, 2,500 miles is plenty for me.
    Last edited by mtony; 01-26-2008, 05:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JeffNJM3
    replied
    Im in NJ and I just signed up with American Collectors, seems pretty good, about $320 a year, 300k liability, no limit threshold, etc all the good stuff. miles is resetricted to 2500 a year, which is no issue to me(my collector vehicle NJ registration restricts me to 3000 miles/year). This is for a modified vehicle policy at a $18k agreed value. Just had to email them some photos. Oh and The policy states no timed or racing events.

Hagerty is a great company, my dad has them for some of his cars, but they quoted me at $650/year so I passed on them

Grundy? screw them, here is my reply after I tried to sign up for the $350 quote they gave me on their webiste:

Dear Mr. Burgess:

Thank you for submitting your information to Grundy Worldwide's underwriting
    department. Unfortunately, we are unable to insure this vehicle because it
    does not have any significant collector status and will not qualify for our
    program. This program is designed for collector and antique vehicles used
    and maintained for those purposes. We wish you the best in finding the
    appropriate coverage for this vehicle.

Respectfully,

GRUNDY WORLDWIDE

I responded to them with all the reason the M3 is a collector vehicle, reason it was made, production #'s, yadda yadda, and they never responded. I will never use them for any of my cars. SO apparantly our cars DO NOT HAVE ANY SIGNIFICANT COLLECTOR STATUS, lol

Leave a comment:

• 300whpGTI
    replied
    Hagerty wouldn't even give me a quote, they said that my car had too many miles at 108k.

Leave a comment:

• ///M3 Terr
    replied
    Are you guys listing the M3 as an "exotic" car? That's the only way I could get a quote on the Hagardy website.

Leave a comment:

• 300whpGTI
    replied
    In NJ i'm going with American collectors they quoted me ~$3xx/year for a stated value of $15k and i think it was 5k miles a year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X