Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

Hey guys I have been trying to get collector car insurance for E30 M3 for a while, I am only 20yrs old. I have tried grundy,and hagerty there both turned my down. Do you think it is realistic for someone my age to get approved with a clean driving record?

thanks

Colin
    :

Should be able to get insurance, but why collector car?

Comment

maybe they are not taking you seriously because you are 20 and are trying to insure a 20yo car. If you are single, they're laughing louder.

They don't get it.
      You may have to have your car appraised by some reputable agency, and present the document.

m

Comment

get the car appraised first...then present it to your unsurance co. this way they know your in serious bussines. you might be paying a bit high because of your age. that's how it goes here in Alberta, Canada. good luck!
        Ogi
        :burn:RED DRAGON

Comment

Just to make sure, do you have another car you drive daily? I think you can only get collector car insurance if it's garaged and not daily driven. There's also a certain amount of miles you can drive it per year.

88 M3 - 04 LS430 - 03 SL500 - 95 E320 - 70 Mini Cooper
          RC Wheels by Team Pogi

like us on facebook

Comment

Originally posted by monzon View Post
            Just to make sure, do you have another car you drive daily? I think you can only get collector car insurance if it's garaged and not daily driven. There's also a certain amount of miles you can drive it per year.
            that's the standard answer for most insurance companies. hagerty will insure it, but you have to prove it's not a daily

Comment

With my collector car insurance for my Pontiac (Grundy) I'm not even allowed to let someone drive the car if they have less than 10 years driving experience. (And they don't insure any BMW(s) either)

Comment

That isn't true. I have Grundy insurance on my '89 M3.
                '89 Cinnabar Red
                '88 Porsche Carrera Cabriolet
                '82 Fiat Spider Turbo
                '00 Ducati Monster

Comment

I have Classic auto insurance on an agreed value policy but you can't get it at 20. It's a 26 min.

Good rate and coverage though.

http://www.classicins.com/

Comment

Thanks guys, I do have a couple of daily drivers one being a 1990 535im with 66k on it, its awesome. Thanks for all the help I am gonna get it appraised asap and try again with Hagerty when I turn 21.
                    :

Comment

i have a 88 m5. this year its 900 a year. next year when it turns 20 its only 163 a year for collector

Comment

Originally posted by Bennetts22 View Post
                        i have a 88 m5. this year its 900 a year. next year when it turns 20 its only 163 a year for collector

who is your carrier? that sounds like an awesome deal.

Comment

Working...
                        X