New e30 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New e30 M3

I got an 86 635CSi last year which really got me into the BMW Group. I did a few driving schools and had a blast. I then decided to take the next step and get an M car. So last week I found what I was looking for. It is a 1988 M3 in Diamond Schwartz black on black leather. The car has 124000mi. I found it in NH. The owner had owned it since Feb 1998 he bought it with 73000 from a brother in law who lived in Florida. The previous owner loved the car, he had just about every worn part replaced and he was very meticulous about maintenance. The car has a few modifications including Evo Exhaust cam gear, Conforti Chip, Evo intake, Borla exhaust, front strut brace, the car has a modified suspension that was installed prior to his ownership. The car had a brand new cooling system, brakes, tires and valve adj. as well as replaced rubber parts 4k ago. The only problem is some slight rust (bubbling paint) under one of the tail lights which will be fixed very soon. The interior is in excellent condition as well. I got to take the car out on the road today and it is so much fun to drive!! The car handles better than any car I have ever driven, with the exhaust it sounds like a full fledged race car (which it is!!). I can see myself getting in a lot of trouble with this car , so I will try to get it all out at the driving schools and autocross. I have attached a picture of the car, hope you guys like. I think I will be storing the car this winter. What do you suggests we do before we store it e.g. drain oil. What should I do to prevent the tires from flat spotting? By the way how rare are the rims? I have only seen one or two other M3's with these BBS rims.

Congradulations!!! [peace]

Yes, those rims are very rare. Great find!

You can find some storage tips here.

Take care,
    Jake Larsen

Comment

I love the car, especially with the old school gold BBS RS'. They really fit the time period of the car. Congrats!

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
      85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
      91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

your a lucky man i to am looking for an e30

Comment

I have got to get me one of these!

Comment

Awesome! Good luck with it.
            I'm not an expert but have done a lot of work on my car myself. If you ever have any questions or just want to hang let me know, I'm in Malden, MA... There are a bunch of members here within an hour of Boston.

Comment

Working...
            X