No announcement yet.

Trim piece - rear interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the input guys. I'll do a write-up with pictures when the time comes to install it.

Comment

I just bought this part last week as well, but just like a lot of other parts i've been lazy about putting it in.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ///Mflossin View Post
        Thanks for the input guys. I'll do a write-up with pictures when the time comes to install it.
        Any update on this John?

Thanks.
        Dominic

Comment

Dominic,

I did not need to remove my rear seat/ parcel shelf for my "C" pillar install. As mentioned above, keep the orientation of the old clips when you transfer them onto your new "C" pillar trim panels. If you have pop-out windows, you will need to disconnect the pop-out latch from the quarter glass & remove the quarter glass rubber weatherstrip. Carefully pry on one corner to loosen it, popping it away. Pay close attention to the defroster tab as well. You don't want to snap that off~ Install is in reverse order!

Don McAdams
          1988 E30 M3
          "E30 M3 Owner & Enthusiast"

www.McAdamsAutoSport.com

Comment

Originally posted by D///M3 View Post
            Dominic,

I did not need to remove my rear seat/ parcel shelf for my "C" pillar install. As mentioned above, keep the orientation of the old clips when you transfer them onto your new "C" pillar trim panels. If you have pop-out windows, you will need to disconnect the pop-out latch from the quarter glass & remove the quarter glass rubber weatherstrip. Carefully pry on one corner to loosen it, popping it away. Pay close attention to the defroster tab as well. You don't want to snap that off~ Install is in reverse order!

Thanks Don,
            You're probably the best guy to answer my question right now since you've done the headliner as well.

My passenger side C pillar trim is sort of "fraying" and coming loose at the rear edge, so I will probably replace it at some point, but for now my main concern is that it's a little bit loose, and also the section of headliner just above it is loose... What holds the headliner tight up against the rear windshield/roof area? I was wondering if the C pillar was supposed to hold up the headliner at that area, and since one was loose, they're both loose... Are there clips? Should I be able to just firmly push both the C pillar trim and the headliner and get their clips to snap back in place?

Thanks!
            Dominic

Comment

Dominic,

Yes the fraying/ separating is fairly common on the C pillar pieces are 20 years old (mine were doing it too...). The C pillar tirm panel does hold the HL up a bit, but not entirely. If you look in this picture, you will see the white plastic part (the 3rd brake light passes through it as well). This is where the HL adheres to at the rear window. The rear edge of the HL is glued (you can see the old glue on one edge of mine pictured), then this piece pops into the roof skin, held in by 4 (door panel style) plastic clips.

Possibly your HL is coming un-glued? I would remove the C pillar first to get a better idea how the HL looks (from behind the C pillar). If needed, you can *carefully* remove this white plastic piece starting at one end, popping one clip at a time. Re-glue if needed, see how it goes (?)

Don McAdams
              1988 E30 M3
              "E30 M3 Owner & Enthusiast"

www.McAdamsAutoSport.com

Comment

Thanks Don. I'm headed out to the garage to take a closer look. I'll let you know what I find!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - AUTOMERGED! There's no thread "bumping" or "double posting" within a 24hr period. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well, it was very simple. Some clips were loose so I was able to just press up firmly against the roof and get the headliner to pop up into place and same with the C pillar!!

Thanks again Don!

Last edited by Dominic; 01-28-2008, 01:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                Dominic

Comment

I have several good used C-pillar covers available .. if someone desires to replace theirs . .

Mario L.
                  603-228-2888

Comment

Originally posted by Mario L. View Post
                    I have several good used C-pillar covers available .. if someone desires to replace theirs . .

Mario L.
                    603-228-2888
                    PM sent.
                    Dominic

Comment

These c-pillar covers are pricey @$150 each for brand new, I have one on order gonna take 2 weeks from maximillian imports.

Comment

I am looking for a set too. Where can I purchase or find them?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Mario L. View Post

Mario L.
                          603-228-2888
                          PM sent!

Comment

Funny, I noticed the same thing on mine and just hadn't got around to fixing it. I was hoping glue would work but it sounds like it doesn't.

Bozbomber, let me know what you find.

Comment

It's not an easy job replacing a C-Pillar cover....if anyone needs help feel free to PM me. And remember, they aren't all the same...make sure you specify window opening car or fixed window car. Mine is fixed and the C-pillar cover was much more expensive than the other style (probably due to fewer fixed window cars).

Comment

Working...
                              X