No announcement yet.

I got no interior heat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alright. fuck my wallets not gonna forgive me. 150 bucks my sack.
    http://www.powerslidemotorsports.com

Comment

Originally posted by powerslide91730 View Post
      Hate to be that guy but i dont wanna start a new post.
      I don't understand this...

why is it that we curse at newbies to search all the time, yet feel guilty for pulling mega old threads?

Good on you powerslide for using the search function! :hi:

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
      they are not idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by powerslide91730 View Post
        Hate to be that guy but i dont wanna start a new post.

My heat doesnt work, the hose on the top going into my firewall gets hot but the bottom one is ice cold. had my console out, you think its the valve?

Is the top hose the feed or return, the posts before were confusing, the valve is on the top hose.i think the top is the feed if its the one getting hot, no?

and is there anyway to fix the valve instead of payin 150 for a new one. thanks.
        The top hose is the return hose. The hose from the back of the cylinder head goes to the bottom pipe.

Comment

Okay well im guessing i would have to drain out at least some coolant to change the valve?
          http://www.powerslidemotorsports.com

Comment

Yeah you will have to drain some of the coolant. When I did my valve and core I also replaced the rubber hoses in the engine bay. A little trick to getting most of the coolant out of the car and not on your carpet is to use one of the rubber hoses in the engine bay and blow air into it. This will cause the coolant to spray out of the other hose and into the engine bay. Not sure if this will work for your application, but it did for mine.

Comment

Just since nobody mentioned it - do you feel tension on the heat adjustment knob? The cable on mine popped off and I couldn't change the amount of water going to the core.

If you need a new valve, try cross-referencing part numbers to regular E30's and see if you can find one used.

Comment

The valve closes (full cold) when there is power applied to it. Turn the valve full cold then at least 30 degrees to warm. The valve should 'click'. Also, try tapping the valve. My car hadn't been used in awhile and the valve was stuck closed.

Comment

I hope this thread proves tobe helpful... My heater does not work and it gets really cool at night here in San Diego!

Comment

Working...
                  X