Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evo 3 Interior

Good afternoon !

I'm looking for accurate information on the Sport Evolution Evo interior. I've searched the galleries and forums on this site and on www.bimmers.com. I've looked on the ETK but the sketches are not helpful

If you do this, you'll see lot's of interesting varaitions... many of them claiming to be authentic... but I don't know how all different angles and different orientations of the fabric can all be authentic.

There's also a thread on bimmers.com that shows all leather front and rear seats with the leather motorsports triangle in the upper corners of all four seats??!! Thought that was E36 M3 territory?

http://www.bimmers.com/m3/gallery/sp...river-seat.jpg

So, if you have a real European Sport Evolution M3 I'd love to see a photo of the interior.

I've seen George Nikas on this forum before... as well as bimmers.com... In fact there is a photo of his car on that site

http://www.bimmers.com/m3/gallery/nikas/

Can't tell much about the interior, though.

Does nayone have really definitve information and photos. I hate to spend lots of moaney and find out I did it wrong !

Regards,

Don

Comment

There was an original Evo 3 Interior on ebay.de a few weeks ago
      sold for 1500pounds near enough

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Evo
      Evo

Comment

Hi Matt !

This looks like what I think the EVO 3 interior should be. Looking at your website (http://www.hitorque.co.uk/e30m3.php ) there is a suggestion that this is not an EVO 3. Is that correct?

If it's not an EVO 3, do you happen to remember how much Motorsports farbic was used to reupholster the seats?

It seems that the EVO 3 was available with fabric or leather side bolsters on the seats? I intended to use black leather to match the Motorsports door panels.

Regards,

Don

Comment

Don the Sport Evo was available with Full leather seats with the motorsport inserts in the door cards. Or with the cloth above.

The centre section material is still available but the ETK suggests the bolster material is NLA. There is an alternative avilable for the bolsters through BMW. I have a part number if you are interested.

Steve
          Sport Evo No.47

My Sport Evo Restoration

Comment

Here's mine, been re-trimmed to the same spec as original...

Comment

Simon,

That is VERY NICE. When I was looking for mine I wanted leather.

Steve
              Sport Evo No.47

My Sport Evo Restoration

Comment

Hi Steve !

Let me be sure I understand your post...

"Full leather" means like the photo in Simon's post or the car on this website
                http://www.bimmers.com/m3/gallery/s...driver-seat.jpg

The other alternative seems to be like Matt's interior.

Is this correct ?

There appear to be a number of Faux Sport Evo's here in the US with leather bolters and Motorsports fabric on the seatung surface.

That would not be correct???

Regards,

Don

Comment

Only full leather OR full cloth.

Steve
                  Sport Evo No.47

My Sport Evo Restoration

Comment

Sorry Dom, the pic is not of my car, i believe it is an authentic SE interior though.

I didnt know you could get them in leather from BMW, it does however look awesome as shown above!

Comment

Don, the picture Matt has put up is not of his interior, but of another car, and that is the cloth version.

As far as I am aware, there was only cloth and leather available.

The ones you mention that have the motorsport striping/leather bolster is probably the cecotto interior, looks like the following...

Comment

The cloth interior Matt posted is the same as my SE.

Steve
                        Sport Evo No.47

My Sport Evo Restoration

Comment

and there are two types of evo cloth.. a light grey/silver one and a darker one...according to ETK.

by the way: the seats above differ from each other. check the headrest size..on the leather seats above they are way bigger than ive seen before in a sport evo. how can that be?
                          stock cars suck...period

Comment

I take it you mean my seats? If so, they are recaro speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtm1992#43
                              and there are two types of evo cloth.. a light grey/silver one and a darker one...according to ETK.
                              I looked into this in great detail as I need some to recover my squashed bolsters and I was only able to find one for the E3. Do you have the Pt Nos for both types?

by the way: the seats above differ from each other. check the headrest size..on the leather seats above they are way bigger than ive seen before in a sport evo. how can that be? [/B]
                              Well spotted. But there was no part leather option.

Steve
                              Sport Evo No.47

My Sport Evo Restoration

Comment

Working...
                              X