Question about floor mats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about floor mats

Getting my car ready for the Monterey Festorics and ordered some new floor mats from the local BMW dealer. The new front mats are the same dimension, etc. except for 2 oblong holes (w/metal grommets) near the 'bottom' (towards the seat). I contacted their parts department and confirmed I had the correct part. Then I called the previous owner to make sure he didn't change the mats and he says they were original. So...

Was I sold the incorrect part?

Or did the original part change over time? If so, do I need to purchase/install 'clips' to make the installation/look complete?

I'm really trying to retain the stock flavor of the car and would prefer not to go the aftermarket route. Thanks for your help.

New matts should come with plastic clips to hold them in place. I left them out... they require putting holes in your carpet.

You were sold the correct parts.. no worries.
    Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

my new mats have the clip holes, but didn't come with the clips (or the PO tossed or lost them). i find my drivers side mat gets stuffed forward and bunches near the throttle pedal. anyone have clips they dont want?
      James
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jht3
        my new mats have the clip holes, but didn't come with the clips (or the PO tossed or lost them). i find my drivers side mat gets stuffed forward and bunches near the throttle pedal. anyone have clips they dont want?
        I have 2 pairs. PM me your mailing addy and I'll drop them in the mail sometime this weekend?

Chris L.

Comment

Originally posted by jht3
          ... i find my drivers side mat gets stuffed forward and bunches near the throttle pedal. anyone have clips they dont want?
          dont you just hate that. i'm in if anyone has an extra pair of clips too.

Comment

I have 2 pairs.

If JHT only wants one set for his drivers side, I can send you the other pair.

But, he gets first refusal on wanting both pairs to hold both driver & pass. matts.

Chris L.

Comment

I've got a couple of sets, don't need 'em. PM me if jht3 wants both sets.

Comment

Re: Question about floor mats

Originally posted by BenV
                Getting my car ready for the Monterey Festorics and ordered some new floor mats from the local BMW dealer.
                So I'm not the only one getting my car ready for the Festorics :p

I wish I only had to deal with floor mats though. before the 19th, the car is getting paint, a cage, wheels, brakes, and new body parts.

I've got a feeling its not going to go very smoothly :(
                ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook Fan Page - Twitter

Comment

I still have to order mine (e30 mats). Just not sure whether to order black or anthracite. Now that my carpet is the dark version (almost black) it is hard to know what matches anymore.
                  Petro

Comment

Anyone has pictures of the OE mats for these cars? I've been looking around to replace mines with originals. Thanks!
                    Georgie Vazquez
                    P.O. Box 50
                    Mayaguez, P.R. 00681

Comment

where can i purchase OEM mats or mats close to OEM?
                      2005 GPW S2000
                      2000 GPW NSX
                      2008 subaru FSXT
                      1988 E30 M3 HENNA/BLACK

Comment

Originally posted by s2000 View Post
                        where can i purchase OEM mats or mats close to OEM?
                        I went with a set of e46 m3 floor mats, which include front/rear mats. And have ///M3 embroidered on the front set. Fit was pretty good and looks nice.
                        One letter. One number. One legend ///M3.

Comment

Working...
                        X