Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boring interior

Hey,

has anyone tried to fit either the center console or the cupholder/e-brake console from an 36 into their car? Hell, how about the whole friggin dash. I guess I've been to lazy to even check out the dimensions but it was just a thought. Let me know what you think as well as any other ways to spice up the interior.
    "Condoms break baby, Deal with it."

- Max Weinberg

Some Sage, Basil and Cinnamin would totally spice'n up and old looking interior.

:nahnah:

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

The E36 Dash is to wide to fit, and requires a large amount of modification. I want to say I've seen it done once, but only once.
      The HVAC controls would be a royal pain to integrate into the E30 system as I think the ones on the E36 are all electronic.
      OBC swap would also be difficult.

Chris
      Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

I have tried it

Comment

Now this is just my opinion, but I think the E36 dash is hideous. Tiny guages, ugly vents, ill-fitting glovebox door etc. Oh well, to each his own. Console is an improvement, though
          2000 Porsche Boxster S - Daily Driver
          1995 Porsche 993
          2001 BMW 530iA Sport (hers)
          2004 Ford F-150 FX4
          2005 KTM 450EXC (More fun than all of the above)

Gone:

1988 BMW M3 2.5 EVOIII Replica
          1985 BMW M635CSI
          2001 BMW M3
          1988 BMW 325is (E30 M3 springs, steering, Konis, etc) - my favorite BMW - missed.

Comment

:idea: NEON! :jedi:
            m.
            Last edited by Mmark; 10-18-2003, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Hey Jan (Denmark)

I haven't even looked at an e36 center console up close. Was it tough to fit in your car? Does it bolt in the same way as the e30 console does?
              "Condoms break baby, Deal with it."

- Max Weinberg

Comment

Working...
              X