Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Cd player best compliments the interior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Cd player best compliments the interior?

I have some flashy unit right now that contrasts with the car horribly. I'm looking for somehting that looks more oem and flows with the car.
    Prin7

older alpines fit very nicely. I have a cda-7876 in there right now that sounds top notch, and looks great. you can also change the colors on the alpine from green to amber so the color is spot on.

here is a pic of it in ben law's 330ti

I like the deck so much I bought a cda-7894 for my toyota 4runner (current model)

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
    they are not idiots.

Comment

My car had a premier(Pioneer?) headunit which would be too bling in anything but an Olds. It performs very well but clashes terribly with the dash in daylight, let alone at night.
      I have an Old Alpine.
      How do you change the colour to match? Is the procedure DIY?
      m.

Comment

Nakamichi colors are dead on, I have a Pioneer that is dead on. You usually have to get a high end no frills head unit, or a lower model no frills unit. All of the other units try to cram so much junk in there they have to have insane LCD displays.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Mmark
          My car had a premier(Pioneer?) headunit which would be too bling in anything but an Olds. It performs very well but clashes terribly with the dash in daylight, let alone at night.
          I have an Old Alpine.
          How do you change the colour to match? Is the procedure DIY?
          m.
          it depends on the model some change colors some dont. do you know what model is yours?

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
          they are not idiots.

Comment

got this mp3 player
            has 80 colors so matching it to interior is no prob

Comment

nice unit! clarion has looked pretty crappy fro the last few years (astheticly) but that deck looks really nice! panasonic is very similar in the brushed metal look

they are not idiots.

Comment

I used a Blaupunkt Heidelberg. It's the black as the dash and has an amber that matches the gauges pretty good.

Comment

If you look at most Alpine units they give out very good output and they have an amber backlight option.

Comment

That's one of the things I am critical of in my E30's. In my M3 I have an old top of the line Kenwood Pull out 930 and digital EQ from the late 80's/early 90's. Illuminates amber and green. Matches the era of the M3 and interior perfectly.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
                    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
                    85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
                    91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

I have an Alpine CDA-7876 in my cabrio, and purchased it because it had switchable illumination. It is a really nice unit, but the problem is that the center display is always blue. When I picked up the M3 I had a Nakamichi unit installed, which I am really happy with. I prefer a good no-frills system over something that has a ton of features, 95% of which I will never use...

Here is a (blurry) pic of the Alpine:

Thanks!

Comment

Hey!
                        Why is your rear defroster switch amber? Mine lights up green, it looks like an Itialian street festival in my car at night.

Is it supposed to be amber? I like that much better.

-Mr Green :rolleyes:

Comment

Mine is amber, as was the one in my 325is. I might actually have a spare floating around, but don't hold your breath.

Comment

Alpine and Nakamichi are the ONLY ways to go. The colors are perfect and slightly subdued. You can't go wrong.

-Prince
                            Randall Prince's Used Cars
                            1991 BMW 318is (slowly tearing apart to become a SpecE30 car)
                            1995 BMW M3 (Cone eater. Probably going the way of an LS1 swapped XP car)

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceE30
                              Alpine and Nakamichi are the ONLY ways to go. The colors are perfect and slightly subdued. You can't go wrong.

-Prince
                              Not the ONLY ones. I have a Pioneer that is dead on.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X