Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Factory Interior Options

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    At the risk of hi jacking some one elses thread, I am researching what my car should have in it for the proper interior - cloth, and I could do with some help.

    Real OEM says the code is 0379 which looks correct.

    The car has been partially stripped out and I need headlining, door cards, carpet. What colours go with 0379 ?

    The seats have a checked Anthracite cloth, with a Recaro badge. I have not seen any pictures of E30 seats with badge on it yet.

    Any suggestions ?

    Comment


    • #17
      I don't believe any BMW has ever come from the factory with a Recaro badge, Recaro stitching or any other type of advertisement beyond the small logos on the seat adjusters or seat frames. I love that Anthracite Ueberkaro II cloth interior.

      Originally posted by Paragon View Post
      At the risk of hi jacking some one elses thread, I am researching what my car should have in it for the proper interior - cloth, and I could do with some help.

      Real OEM says the code is 0379 which looks correct.

      The car has been partially stripped out and I need headlining, door cards, carpet. What colours go with 0379 ?

      The seats have a checked Anthracite cloth, with a Recaro badge. I have not seen any pictures of E30 seats with badge on it yet.

      Any suggestions ?
      Alles Beste!

      B. Wheaton
      1989 E30 M3, Owner since June 2000
      2008 E61 535xiT - The DD and work horse

      http://www.bayareamotorsport.com

      Register your E30 M3!
      http://www.bmwmregistry.com

      Comment


      • #18
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0242.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	844428

        Comment


        • #19
          I was having some trouble getting the picture downsized.
          The front door cards have been cut up, can any one tell me what colour / cloth they should be replaced with ?

          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0246.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	844429

          Comment


          • #20
            I have a really hard time believing the Recaro emblem came from the factory. Someone had to have installed it after the fact. I could be wrong, but I would wager against it. Beautiful seats though!

            Originally posted by Paragon View Post
            [ATTACH]7619[/ATTACH]
            Alles Beste!

            B. Wheaton
            1989 E30 M3, Owner since June 2000
            2008 E61 535xiT - The DD and work horse

            http://www.bayareamotorsport.com

            Register your E30 M3!
            http://www.bmwmregistry.com

            Comment


            • #21
              Maybe some one stuck them on ? I never considered that it might not be factory.
              I don't get to the car very often, I will have to have a careful look next time I am in the shed.

              Comment


              • #22
                I just don't think BMW would display a non-BMW logo in their cars. They re-brand their factory stereos made by Alpine and Pioneer and don't display those logos, so why display a Recaro logo on the seats? Each part will have a small logo somewhere on its components that isn't visible unless you look for it, but only for identification purposes as opposed to design or decoration.

                Originally posted by Paragon View Post
                Maybe some one stuck them on ? I never considered that it might not be factory.
                I don't get to the car very often, I will have to have a careful look next time I am in the shed.
                Alles Beste!

                B. Wheaton
                1989 E30 M3, Owner since June 2000
                2008 E61 535xiT - The DD and work horse

                http://www.bayareamotorsport.com

                Register your E30 M3!
                http://www.bmwmregistry.com

                Comment


                • #23
                  In Europe you could order an optional RECARO seat (normal shape, not the SRD), see :
                  http://de.bmwfans.info/parts/catalog.../browse/seats/

                  However, the one in your picture seems like a normal "Sportsitz" to me, as it has the rear hardshell.
                  The optional RECARO has soft fake leather around the rear and no badge.

                  Thomas

                  edit: my Überkaro Antrazit cloth interior comes in combination with all fake leather side panels, but I don't know if that's how it came from the factory.
                  Last edited by TR-Spider; 07-02-2013, 05:45 PM.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    That's very interesting, but I don't see any Recaro emblems pictured or referenced by part number in the diagrams. :^)

                    Originally posted by TR-Spider View Post
                    In Europe you could order an optional RECARO seat (normal shape, not the SRD), see :
                    http://de.bmwfans.info/parts/catalog.../browse/seats/

                    However, the one in your picture seems like a normal "Sportsitz" to me, as it has the rear hardshell.
                    The optional RECARO has soft fake leather around the rear and no badge.

                    Thomas

                    edit: my Überkaro Antrazit cloth interior comes in combination with all fake leather side panels, but I don't know if that's how it came from the factory.
                    Alles Beste!

                    B. Wheaton
                    1989 E30 M3, Owner since June 2000
                    2008 E61 535xiT - The DD and work horse

                    http://www.bayareamotorsport.com

                    Register your E30 M3!
                    http://www.bmwmregistry.com

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      [peace]
                      Originally posted by Paragon View Post
                      [ATTACH]7619[/ATTACH]
                      Someone has stuck that on they never came with recaro badges on them.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X