Anyone know of a source for cheap carpet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mpwolf
    Registered
    • 7, 3, 2004

Anyone know of a source for cheap carpet?

Since I can't drive the M3 right now (damn VA emissions), I figured I'd spend some time ripping it apart.

Because of the cage, the back seat is useless, so I pulled everything out. I want some carpet to just cover up this ugly mess:

It doesn't have to look OEM, but I want something slightly nicer than speaker box carpet. Any suggestions?

Also, I'd like to modify (and recover) the rear deck to accept a 6x9 speaker. While this is a track car, it is also my daily driver (TMS J-stock suspension + Washington, DC streets = fun) and while the S14 sounds great, it's going to get tiresome on long trips. Anyone have any ideas, how best to do that? I was thinking of making some sort of insert that would fill in the indentation where the speakers currently are; thus the entire deck would be one flat piece. This should give me enough height to install a 6x9. Thoughts?

• Eric
    • 21, 12, 2002

If you pull the carpet back on the rear parcel shelf, you will see that there is actually a dotted line to cut for 6x9's. at least mine had that.

I would have a stereo shop use speaker carpet since it can be streatched and glued to the seatback. I'm asuming it would cost $100 to have a reputable shop do it.

If you do go that wroute, take it to an experienced place. It is easy to put carpet on a box, but it is hard to put it on other items and make it look nice.

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
    they are not idiots.

Comment

• mpwolf
      Registered
      • 7, 3, 2004

Hmm, that's interesting. Does the metal deck have enough space for 6x9s to be installed? That would make things much easier. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X