I busted my High Beam. Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I busted my High Beam. Help

I was fooling around with my Euro Hella Smileys and busted the lens on the driverside high beam. Does anyone know where I can get the Highbeam assembly for my smileys? I need the adjuster screws too. Or, where can I get OE replacement lenses? I assume that the Euro versions are different from the US versions.

Thanks
    sigpic
    Sash K
    '88 BMW M3
    '72 BMW 3.0CS
    '04 330Xi 6-spd
    '90 Ford F-150 4WD

You must have done that same thing as me.:ha: I looked everywhere for a glass replacement lense, but only came up with the whole housing, which are a little pricey when all you need is a lense. I had to go with the acrylics from pelicanparts.com. They look like glass and probably much more durable. I've had them for over a year and no yellowing.

Comment

I figured you would figure out it was me. What a bummer. I had that thing in the oven and tried and tried. That glue is so difficult to separate without destroying the housing. Total bummer. I may just find a replacement housing with lens and then sell the damn things and buy a set of smoked lenses. I already cut out the plates with a dremel. What a hassle, but they came out quite nice. I will keep you posted to see if I have any luck. I will look at pelicanparts. Thanks again for everything
      sigpic
      Sash K
      '88 BMW M3
      '72 BMW 3.0CS
      '04 330Xi 6-spd
      '90 Ford F-150 4WD

Comment

I think that the acrylic lenses were in the $50 range. It really cuts into your savings if you were to just buy the smoked, but you're still ahead of the game. Not to mention the down time to find the replacements. Just keep at it. You'll have the satisfaction of knowing you did them.

Comment

you can get some of the len's from ebay
          check attached link
          http://search.ebay.com/e30-lens_W0QQ...3aTB2Q3aUSQ3a2

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I looked yesterday. I think that I still am going to try to get an original if I can. I feel totally stupid about breaking them. If you know of anyone, please let me know. I am also ok with getting the whole high beam assembly, which would be easier.
            sigpic
            Sash K
            '88 BMW M3
            '72 BMW 3.0CS
            '04 330Xi 6-spd
            '90 Ford F-150 4WD

Comment

actually now that you mention it
              i also have a busted high beam, when i hit that stinkin deer!
              which means i also have one that is not busted
              i already bought some ellipsoids that i never installed
              i can install them
              but i was hoping to sell the entire US headlights in one package
              maybe someone wants the 2 low beams in which case i can sell you the high beams. and you remove the parts you need (adjuster screw etc)

Comment

Are your headlights the US versions? My high beams use the H1 bulbs.
                sigpic
                Sash K
                '88 BMW M3
                '72 BMW 3.0CS
                '04 330Xi 6-spd
                '90 Ford F-150 4WD

Comment

yes, standard US headlights
                  here is a pic before i broke the driver high beam
                  (i am not sure what the hight beams are, i know the low beams are H4)
                  Last edited by kmarei; 10-31-2007, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Can't you buy Cibie lights to replace the highbeam?
                    October 1987 build date.

Comment

Not sure if you can. I am really anal about original parts. I think Hella has a H1 replacement, but I am not sure if that will fit in my standard High Beam Location. Any ideas?
                      sigpic
                      Sash K
                      '88 BMW M3
                      '72 BMW 3.0CS
                      '04 330Xi 6-spd
                      '90 Ford F-150 4WD

Comment

Working...
                      X