my car wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my car wont start

my car wont start for some reason, there is no fuel supply, i checked the fuel pump and its working . the problem is there is no power on the fuel pump relay whenever i try to start it, i checked the main relay too and no power either to the wire that supply to fuel pump relay..
    any1 knows what causing these? could it be my computer box?
    any suggestion will highly appreciated..
    ty

Need more info.
    Batt at 12.7V? with good ground connection?
    make sure the grounds for the DME are intact.
    Does the ignition switch feel ok(normal) when you twist to "start"?
    Does the engine turn over when you have the key held at :start"?
    fuses 9 and 11 ok?

Any other systems not working?

Just because you see no voltage at the relays, does not necessarily indicate failure.
    If the DME sees no signal from the engine speed and position sensors, it will not supply energising voltage to the fuel pump relay for one thing.
    Sensors that tell the ECU that the engine is in good condition to start need to be checked.
    m
    Last edited by Mmark; 12-05-2004, 11:15 PM.

Comment

The first thing I would check is for 12V at the battery terminal block on both sides.
      The battery terminal block is where the cables from the battery + go to first. It's mounted on the firewall just to the right of the three fuel injection relays. There should be 12V on both sides otherwise one of you're cables is broken (like mine!). You might not even need the ignition on I think this should be 12V always, this is also before the fusebox so if you don't have 12V you're car won't work period!

Comment

i've checked the wire(+) on the ignition coil has no power too when the key is in "on" position..

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
          The first thing I would check is for 12V at the battery terminal block on both sides.
          The battery terminal block is where the cables from the battery + go to first. It's mounted on the firewall just to the right of the three fuel injection relays. There should be 12V on both sides otherwise one of you're cables is broken (like mine!). You might not even need the ignition on I think this should be 12V always, this is also before the fusebox so if you don't have 12V you're car won't work period!
          Do what Andy says. There is a 50amp Fuse built in to the battery cable that is on the circut you are having problems with. It's in the trunk, you can feel it shrink wrapped on the small power cable running next to the large cable if you remove the plastic cover. It's about 20 inches from the terminal. I had to replace the fuse in my car when Eric :stupid: connected his jumper cables to the fused battery cable. P/N 12 41 1 706 111

Originally posted by drinaldis
          I dated a girl who used to do the reverse grind. I kinda liked it.

Comment

Working...
          X