So i'm lookin' at the OBC light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So i'm lookin' at the OBC light

and they run in serial... ok... but what if you put a piece of solder and connect them in the rear? this way, even if one of the bulb goes out, the other one still works.

just a thought... not very good with electronics but just a thought.
    -Dan

not good with electronics either but would think BMW would of thought of this. I guess there is some reason why.
    1988 /// M3

Comment

But then you will see only half of the screen :-)
      Because anything worth doing is worth doing fanatically!
      Born date 01/88
      Ryan

Comment

they run serial as they are both 5v bulbs. So in serial they are effectively one 10v bulb. This is matched to the feed they get.
        You can replace them with 6v bulbs (easier to locate), which will work, but they will be slightly dimmer.

If you soldered a wire on to connect them at the rear, yes each bulb will work independantly, but will burn out very quickly as they'll be getting too much voltage.

Comment

Originally posted by jpboost
          they run serial as they are both 5v bulbs. So in serial they are effectively one 10v bulb. This is matched to the feed they get.
          You can replace them with 6v bulbs (easier to locate), which will work, but they will be slightly dimmer.

If you soldered a wire on to connect them at the rear, yes each bulb will work independantly, but will burn out very quickly as they'll be getting too much voltage.
          i shit the bed and got 12V bulbs and by going what you are saying, if i solder them together, i wouldn't burn the bulb out since they're WAY above the power it shoots out, yes?

let me know so i can do this before i put everything back together. thanks!!

D
          -Dan

Comment

yes you can do so.

Comment

Working...
            X