How To Replace Obc Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Replace Obc Light

first of all I would like to introduce myself here as a new member.I've been coming to this site for a week now and find it very informative.Not to mention all the nicest m3s by far.I've owned my 1990 m3 since 1995,love the car... now for my question.
    Feel kinda duhhh! but does anybody now how to change the light inside the OBC? thanks in advance....

Yep. First you want to drop down the glove box and release the hanging straps. Next, remove the left side plastic cover inside the glove box (not the one with the light in it). If you look in towards the OBC, you'll see a white pull tab on the side. Just pull it out and replace it with a new one. Hope that helps.

Comment

This is the BEST way.....
      Remove the 2nd and 4th switches in the upper dash (the ones above the raido) There should be flahsers, fader, etc.
      There are 2 screws up there, remove them.

Then above the ash try there is a space, up there there are 2 more screws. Remove them.

Pull the whole center plastic pice out. The obc is attached to it.

Now that you have it pulled out about 3in, you can pull out the OBC light. You also have to trim about 1/2in of the plastic around the OBC light bar,

Pull out the old light, push in the new light.

Put back in the screws and hazard switch..

You are done!
      Takes about 20min!

Do not click
      At least it's German

Comment

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP! NOW I CAN ACTUALLY SEE THE TIME AT NIGHT..
        THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Comment

Mine has the same problem...where can I order/get an OBC light? Is the local dealer a viable option?

Comment

dealer should stock that light (mine did) cost was $35 cheaper if you order it from places like BMP (around $20)
            Chris
            90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

thanks, I think I will order it

Comment

Working...
              X