Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thizzelle
    replied
    they are known to do that, probably loose conection.

Leave a comment:

• lakis
    replied
    I haven't seen one OBC post about the text being garbled and running like wet ink. My obc bugs me every time I turn the car on. What am I missing. Sometimes the numbers are perfect and clear and other times, just garbled. It could be a poor connection somewhere as a bump on the side of the glove box area will fix it temporarily.

???

Leave a comment:

• thizzelle
    replied
    Since I can't start new thread in here I will post here on this one.
    Anyone know the pin out voltages of the OBC plug? Not the coding plug but the input plug from the instrument cluster (green color)

I get voltages on the lines I need but it varies and my range function, ave MPG & ave MPH are not working.

Leave a comment:

• BarronTG
    replied
    Originally posted by evans61 View Post
    until car is shut off. then, just do it again. anytime you want a razor sharp accurate range, just hit range (display will be like 325), then push in the 1 and 1000 at the same time (display will be totally honest volume in liters), then hit the range button (display will be like 255). it really trues it up. i use it all the time like that and it never lets me down.

Awesome... thanks so much!

Leave a comment:

• evans61
    replied
    until car is shut off. then, just do it again. anytime you want a razor sharp accurate range, just hit range (display will be like 325), then push in the 1 and 1000 at the same time (display will be totally honest volume in liters), then hit the range button (display will be like 255). it really trues it up. i use it all the time like that and it never lets me down.

Leave a comment:

• BarronTG
    replied
    Originally posted by evans61 View Post
    if you push the "1" and "1000" buttons on the bottom of the obc at the same time, it will display instantaneous gas volume in liters. it is razor sharp accurate. at times i leave that on. right after you push the 1 and 1000 at the same time, go back to the range button and when you press it now it will be instantaneous and update with the correct, lower number.
    Really?? Once I get her back on the road (which will be months from now), I'll try this trick out. Does the update keep, or only stay accurate until the car is turned off?

Leave a comment:

• evans61
    replied
    Originally posted by theoakwoody View Post
    OK I know it's irrevelant but I've always wondered about this. How can you make the range function more accurate. When I fill up it claims I'm going to get like 438+ miles. Yeah well I get about half that so is there anything I can do or is this just 80's technology at its finest.
    if you push the "1" and "1000" buttons on the bottom of the obc at the same time, it will display instantaneous gas volume in liters. it is razor sharp accurate. at times i leave that on. right after you push the 1 and 1000 at the same time, go back to the range button and when you press it now it will be instantaneous and update with the correct, lower number.

Leave a comment:

• bmws14m3
    replied
    With normal driving my 2.5L M3 now gets 300 miles per tank
    before E light comes up

But, why look the MPG?

I preffer looking at the revs [peace]

Leave a comment:

• Mmark
    replied
    Originally posted by BarronTG View Post
    M3 Adjuster, not the news I was hoping for, but thank you for the info! You are right, the MPG is also an issue. I never knew you could check the remaining fuel amount... will have to try it out. Sure wish there was a way to correct the accuracy of the OBC though...
    There is a guy on R3v, "Hoveringuy" who I believe, makes signal conditioners for fuel consumption in swap cars. Check the engine swap section on that site.

m

Leave a comment:

• UweM3
    replied
    Originally posted by BarronTG View Post
    M3 Adjuster, not the news I was hoping for, but thank you for the info! You are right, the MPG is also an issue. I never knew you could check the remaining fuel amount... will have to try it out. Sure wish there was a way to correct the accuracy of the OBC though...
    It's a 20 years+ old car for crying out loud! What do you expect? Back then nobody else had a feature like this.Stop comparing it to modern cars.
    In the past we just KNEW buy doing some math in our heads and and buy looking at the fuel gauge how far we can travel. (....and if in doubt a jerry can works wonders )

Leave a comment:

• BarronTG
    replied

Leave a comment:

• M3 Adjuster
    replied
    Barrron, as far as I know, there is no way to update this. If the ECU for the sport evo is a different ECU, then that could be a way I imagine. If so, that's probably an expensive way to make this update. Actually.. I never really noticed the " range" function as being an issue, I was more concerned that the miles per gallon is no longer correct..

I have a 2005 Ford Expedition that has a range feature and it starts off optimistically as well, at least I don't think I will ever manage to get 485 miles on a tank of fuel with a 25 gallon tank in a vehicle that is rated 18 mpg hwy. I have gotten over 425 miles however, which I was very surprised and happy to see actually.

Even assuming the range is dead on accurate, who is going to drive their tank down to zero gallons? I would imagine I run my vehicles lower than *most* people out there (no premature fuel pump failure fears here!) as I often ran my M3 down to where the range goes to ------ (under 9 miles remaining for those of you that fill up at a quarter tank :evilnah: ) and the fuel shown in the tank was still 5.5 liters (pressing 1 and 1000 together on the OBC will show you remaining fuel in liters).
    Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 01-15-2010, 04:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BarronTG
    replied
    this is an old thread, but it never really got answered... and I'm looking for a fix. Is there a chip in the OBC that you can replace to make the 'Range' more accurate? I now have a 2.5L and need to update the OBC. How can I get this chip (if this is the solution)?

Leave a comment:

• theoakwoody
    replied
    So in order to continue my anal ways and get a more accurate reading I'm going to have to do the dual sending unit conversion. Awesome I can't wait. Isn't it great how you get all these ideas in your head and then they just sit there and wait...and nothing happens.

Leave a comment:

• AdamF 88iS
    replied
    Something like that.

I think it uses instantanious velocity more than miles driven because with the MPG gauge on my 325 I can get it to read almost 0mpg if I floor it at low speeds, but floored on the freeway the MPG gauge won't go down as far becaue it knows that I'm covering ground at a faster rate when it calculates the instantanious MPG. If you reset the AVG on the OBC and watch it for the first few seconds when the avg is changing rapidly it reflects the numbers seen on the instantanious gauge; so it must take the speedo reading into account.

Just my guess though, I've never seen an actual write up on it.
    Last edited by AdamF 88iS; 11-11-2003, 05:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X