Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OBC and mph

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OBC and mph

    I tried STFA but could not find anything here or on the SIG....

    My OBC seemed to be a little off in the weeds. The date/time, temp, and timer all work but when I try to get the mph or any other functions working it just displays ----mph and so on... I tried resetting it by turning the key to the on position then hitting the CODE button and then the little button in the bottom right corner with a pen. The whole OBC reset but the mph and other mpg and so on functions still do not work. Any ideas?

    Thanks
    -kevin

  • #2
    the MPH button with the little orange light is to set a warning light/chime for a certain speed.

    IE... you're driving on the highway in the early AM and dont want to zone out and suddenly find yourself at 115mph. You use the 1,10,100,1000 buttons across the bottom to set the alarm speed, we'll say 95mph. When the car gets to 95mph the little light on the OBC will flash and it will chime.

    the AVG MPH and AVG MPG will only work once you drive the car after you reset it. To clear these later on, just press the "CLR" button and it will reset them.

    Hope that helps?
    Chris L.

    Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

    Comment


    • #3
      Maybe I have to play with it some more. Even when I click the AVG MPH button and then the CLR button, it still shows up as ----.

      Sorry if these are dumb questions, I am new to the whole OBC thing.
      -kevin

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by sector7g
        Maybe I have to play with it some more. Even when I click the AVG MPH button and then the CLR button, it still shows up as ----.

        Sorry if these are dumb questions, I am new to the whole OBC thing.
        even when you are driving? It wont show anything if you're car is parked.
        Chris L.

        Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

        Comment


        • #5
          Yeah, even while driving.

          I suppose I will read over the manual again tonight when I get home and see if I missed anything.

          I think I have pretty much done every combination of button pushing with no results. Is it possible there is a sender not working or anything? The speedo works just fine..
          -kevin

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by UNHCLL
            the MPH button with the little orange light is to set a warning light/chime for a certain speed.

            IE... you're driving on the highway in the early AM and dont want to zone out and suddenly find yourself at 115mph. You use the 1,10,100,1000 buttons across the bottom to set the alarm speed, we'll say 95mph. When the car gets to 95mph the little light on the OBC will flash and it will chime.

            the AVG MPH and AVG MPG will only work once you drive the car after you reset it. To clear these later on, just press the "CLR" button and it will reset them.

            Hope that helps?
            "Bing!, slow the f**k down please"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by UNHCLL
              the MPH button with the little orange light is to set a warning light/chime for a certain speed.

              IE... you're driving on the highway in the early AM and dont want to zone out and suddenly find yourself at 115mph. You use the 1,10,100,1000 buttons across the bottom to set the alarm speed, we'll say 95mph. When the car gets to 95mph the little light on the OBC will flash and it will chime.

              the AVG MPH and AVG MPG will only work once you drive the car after you reset it. To clear these later on, just press the "CLR" button and it will reset them.

              Hope that helps?
              "Bing!, slow the f**k down please" is the running joke in my and my wife's car. We both keep ours set at 85.

              Same chime as the 36 degree chime, wish it could say the line above.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by OnrailsM3
                "Bing!, slow the f**k down please" is the running joke in my and my wife's car. We both keep ours set at 85.

                Same chime as the 36 degree chime, wish it could say the line above.
                haha thats great!!!

                mine is disabled right now. :sosad: I hate the door chime so I pulled out the little speaker. If i could figure out how to dis-able the door chime, and keep the OBC warning that would be GREAT.

                Of course, living in NH... I know after November 30th its alllllways below 36F hahaha.
                Chris L.

                Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sound like the speed signal feed from the speedo isn't connected properly. I had this recently on my E24 6 Series.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    After getting pulled over last week in my Mazda daily driver for 40 in a 30:shit:, I set the max mph to a level that I think will keep me from getting a ticket on most roads that I run. It is a pretty good feature.
                    Jack
                    Arlington, TN

                    1990 BMW M3 - Diamantschwarz/Black

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sector7g View Post
                      I tried STFA but could not find anything here or on the SIG....

                      My OBC seemed to be a little off in the weeds. The date/time, temp, and timer all work but when I try to get the mph or any other functions working it just displays ----mph and so on... I tried resetting it by turning the key to the on position then hitting the CODE button and then the little button in the bottom right corner with a pen. The whole OBC reset but the mph and other mpg and so on functions still do not work. Any ideas?

                      Thanks
                      after doing as above, selecting the mileage button and then pushing the reset button with the pen repeatedly toggles the units... MPG to M/G to Liters/Kilo etc. In the US you want MPG not M/G which is canadian ? I think M/G uses imperial gallons.
                      Mark Williams
                      Dallas, TX

                      Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a search... oh wait... looks like they are all gone! :rastajake:

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X