No announcement yet.

S14 Oil change - walk me thru it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should also pre-fill the oil filter and crank the engine over without fuel until the oil pressure light goes out.

Originally posted by drinaldis
    I dated a girl who used to do the reverse grind. I kinda liked it.

Comment

When I do oil changes I crack off the oil cooler pipes also and allow the oil to drain from the cooler too. It holds around 500ml's.

Schwarz 1990 Sport Evolution

Comment

Originally posted by Mdriver View Post
        I did not even have to jack up the car for my oil change. I used a fluid evacuator pump to suck out the oil from the dip stick tube and then took out the oil filter from the top side.

Yeah it took an hour but ...who am I kidding, I will jack the car up next time and grab the filter from the bottom.
        you should do it the gravity way... when you drink your coke with a straw you can't get it all at the end , right ? the same happens with the oil in the car using a system like that.

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        finding a PO to an E30 M3 that took very good care of the car INMO is like catching a brazilian model give you the up/down look while she reads Copernicus theory in the local barnes and nobel
        done that !! hehehe not literally ...

come down to the source !

[]s
        Two wrongs don't make a right. But three lefts do.
        e30 M3 1988 US-spec Salmon Silver - s14 now 2.5 L
        e34 M5 1995 Cosmosblack - S38b38

Comment

Is M1 15w-50 still the preferred choice for the S14, or are there other oils that you guys like as well? I'm in the midwest, so the climates change all over the place.

Comment

Lastly, I run a wire from pin 7 to the shock tower bolt. Resets service interval w/ all green.
            the winningest racecar ever.

Comment

Originally posted by evans61 View Post
              Lastly, I run a wire from pin 7 to the shock tower bolt. Resets service interval w/ all green.
              Well done for adding this! Some people still buy the service reset tool or even worse, pay some shop for resetting the lights when a simple wire will do.

For safety you can add a small fuse to the wire just in case you miss pin 7 [peace]

Goodbye M3, you served me well.

Comment

i realize i'm reviving an old thread, but how do you guys with the carbon airboxes get to your filter from the top? i just got my cf box a couple months ago, and i'm planning on changing my own oil. i dont really wanna take the whole box out to remove the filter everytime im due for a change

Comment

I use a remote filter kit...
                  sigpic
                  Track Car Build | COM Sports Car Club

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan View Post
                    I use a remote filter kit...
                    can you provide more info on this?

Comment

Basically an adapter that spins on in place of the oil filter, two oil lines, and a remote filter mount. There are many kits available, I got mine 2nd hand from someone here on the board... My Oil filter is now located above the ABS pump on a custom bracket...
                      sigpic
                      Track Car Build | COM Sports Car Club

Comment

Working...
                      X