Mobil-1 15w50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobil-1 15w50

for all of you that have been looking for Mobil-1 15w50 they are avalible at National Wholesale Liquidators. 5quart jug $18.88, I just bought a case(4 jugs).

http://www.nationalwholesaleliquidat.../store-locator
    sigpic

To my surprise...I found it in Wal Mart the other day. I wasn't looking for it per se... but I always look. For the longest time, Wal Mart didn't have that grade (after it was re-formulated again) but they carry it again.:cool:

Comment

The 15/50 only seems to be available in their *extended Performance* formulation, which is 40-50 cents a quart more expensive than the reg Mobil 1.

The thinner stuff seems a little too light for the s14....more valve train noise, more prone to pinging, despite the slower flow time of the 15/50.

m

Comment

I used the Mobil 1 15/50 the other day also on an oil change and noticed the same noises.
        I'm thinking about switching to Royal Purple Syn on the next oil change.
        "Racing is like life, what happens before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen (Le Mans)

Comment

I use the 10-40 Redline with no issues at all.

Comment

i stopped using Mobil 1 after the re-formulation and switched to Castrol TWS, and now to Motul
            James
            sigpic

Comment

I'm using Amsoil. 20-50w series 2000. The oil has service intervals of up to 35,000mi. under normal driving conditions.
              It give more protection and piece of mind for my track car.

Here in SoCal it doesn't get cold enough to require anything with lower viscosity. The engine running on 20-50w is much quiter than any 10-40w.
              Pat

Comment

Strauss sell's them for $17 a dollar less 15/50 Mobil 1

Comment

Working...
                X