Roundel Tech Talk: E30 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Modena 1
    Look - I'm not going to get into a e30 vs e36 war. This is an E30 forum and I'll lose that battle.

The point is that the editorials are skewed. But who cares? That's why its an editorial I guess :rolleyes:
    If you have to pick (2) M3's out of 3 models which two would you pick? Just curious...

Comment

Those numbers are DEFINITELY low. In SoCal we have tons of E30 ///M3s and at least once a month Ill see one, apart from the scores of owners I know. In Glendale alone since Ive gotten my ///M3 in early 2001 (at which I was one of 2 in Glendale) there are now at LEAST 4-5. Barry has a very good point, people who dont go online or really know E30 ///M3 circles think they are really really rare, when theyre just really rare. Especially the yups that generally make up the CCA. Either way better for us. Im dying in mine, kids can sleep with their grandparents if I have to sell the house and live in my car. "You can live in your car, but you cant race your house". Love that quote. Lots of E30 ///M3 guys dont come out, always have their car in the shop, have their license suspended (me), or just dont bother with meets or anything like that. I need an interior.
      Last edited by CleanAzzE30z; 08-16-2005, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ///Mous3
        If you have to pick (2) M3's out of 3 models which two would you pick? Just curious...
        Tough one.

If I could only afford 2, I'd ge the only two i could afford, the E30 and E36. But I'll tell you what! The guy with the E30 AND the E36 for E46 money is richer than the guy who just has a E46. :cool:

Comment

Here's how I picked. For the price of an E46 M3, I have 2 E30 M3s and a Mini Cooper S. And after getting the second M3, the Mini may not be long for my garage.

Comment

Originally posted by slowguy
            Here's how I picked. For the price of an E46 M3, I have 2 E30 M3s and a Mini Cooper S. And after getting the second M3, the Mini may not be long for my garage.
            I hear you, but at the end of the day, newer cars are safer and easier to live with. At least you can get up to 4 airbags with a E36 and still smoke most off the line. I love the E30, but where I live, you couldn't get in front of that yellow Ford Crown Vic unless you dumped at 6k rpm.

Comment

Mind you, this IS S14.net. You may find that we favor the E30 M3 around here. :rolleyes:
              Christopher

www.brmmotorsports.com

Comment

I hear you, but at the end of the day, newer cars are safer and easier to live with. At least you can get up to 4 airbags with a E36 and still smoke most off the line. I love the E30, but where I live, you couldn't get in front of that yellow Ford Crown Vic unless you dumped at 6k rpm.
                Safer and easier to live with???? I don't know about that.

E36 smoke most off the line????????? Most what?

dumped what at 6K RPM?

Comment

. . . where I live, you couldn't get in front of that yellow Ford Crown Vic unless you dumped at 6k rpm.
                  I hear ya. If I lived where you live, I drive a '66 Dodge Monaco wagon with a trailer hitch and a skull and crossbones spray-painted on the tailgate. If I drove at all.

Comment

Working...
                  X