Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyeing leather seats

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience, product recommendations, or references regarding dyeing stock leather seats (the ones in question are black, without tears or rips, although some minor lightening/cracking due to UV exposure)

Thanks in advance!

I hope to contribute to this wonderful resource - I have learned an unbelievable amount in the few days since my recent purchase: '88 US stock zinnobarrot with 115k on the counter.

Regards,

Eric

-Eric

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...threadid=10003

- Kyle

Comment

Top product on the market is Leatherique, but I've had great success using kiwi shoe dye you get in the supermarket. The same stuff you use to black the scuffs on dress shoes.

Make sure you put the blackener on first, so it soaks in well, then apply something like Lexol generously until the leather becomes softer again. You can't get rid of the cracking, but the dye helps hide it and the conditioner helps ensure you don't get any more.
      A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do- Walter Gagehot

Comment

thanks for the info Rob, I'll give it a try as soon as I can find my Lexol...
        -Eric

Comment

Working...
        X