Racing Seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing Seats?

im about to put some racing seats in, and was wandering if anyone has suggestions?... ( not trying to spend 2 g's either)

Cobra Suzuka with Momo side mounts and VAC seat mount adapters.

Sorry but if you want some nice race seats you will pay close to 2K for both seats and the hardware. The Cobra seats are the best bang for the buck by far.

Jordan
    "Never lift"

Comment

thanks

Comment

Well Jordan certainly has good taste but you need not spend 2G for decent seats. You can get Recaro Speeds (2nd gen SRDs) with hardware for about a grand. I believe you can get various Sparco seats for about the same. Things to consider are how the seat fits you and what you like as well as whether or not you want them to be reclinable and also the material.

Of course there are yet cheaper alternatives like buying knock-offs. A lot of the knock offs today are damn good. I know a lot of the Honda guys are feasting on Bride brix knock offs. A decent set of knock offs will typically run between $400 - 600 a pair sometimes less. A lot of them may look like the real deal but don't have the support of the real deal but this can be remedied by stuffing the seat the way you want it.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
        85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
        91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

This is just my 02. but I am looking at Corbeau for my seats, light, good looking, around a grand for everything, including new belts.
          Gone but not forgotten 1988 E30 M3 - Current ride Mazdaspeed 6

Comment

What do you mean by racing seats? Fixed or adjustable?

Comment

I did Corbeau FX-1s, with Sparco side mounts for considerably less than $1K.

Camlock harnesses were another $300 though...
              My old M3, still looking for another... :peekaboo:

Comment

Just to be clear about "racing" seats. When you say racing seat to me it means a fixed seat certified by the FIA with a minimum 24G load rating on a sled test.

There are many seat options out there for less money than the Cobra's (even though they are inexpensive compared to most). But if you want a quality seat you will have to spend a little more. The seat is a safety device first and a place for your ass second.

Jordan
                "Never lift"

Comment

thanks fellas

Comment

Originally posted by datsunfreak
                    I did Corbeau FX-1s, with Sparco side mounts for considerably less than $1K.

Camlock harnesses were another $300 though...
                    That is the exact seat I want, execpt I was looking at all black with the red harnesses. It still should have been close to a grand right, including the harnesses?
                    Gone but not forgotten 1988 E30 M3 - Current ride Mazdaspeed 6

Comment

Originally posted by jordantii
                      The seat is a safety device first and a place for your ass second.

Jordan
                      So VERY true......
                      Don McAdams
                      1988 E30 M3
                      "E30 M3 Owner & Enthusiast"

www.McAdamsAutoSport.com

Comment

Originally posted by MPowerM3
                        That is the exact seat I want, execpt I was looking at all black with the red harnesses.
                        I wanted all black but my local shop had these in stock so I went with it. Upside is all the colored pads are removable, so I can order a black set of pads and switch to all black later on. Or mix and match?

It still should have been close to a grand right, including the harnesses?
                        FX-1 is around $300 each, and IMO fairly comparable in weight and quality to the Sparcos I took out. Sparco side mount brackets were around $100, but if you saw the design of them you'd see they wouldn't be tough to make. Harnesses were around $300+, but the Corbeau camlocks are considerably less. I think they are around $200-220 a pair. I didn't really care for the quality of their belts, and I wanted something SFI rated so I could use them on the track.

Comment

And I think I might switch to Sparco EVO2's in about 6-8 months.

Comment

seats

Datsun,

Is that a 510? My cousin had a 510 he restored and drove in high school back in the mid 80's. I see one at Blackhawk when the Badger Bimmers do their DE's. It's quite fast.

So, are you going to be selling the seats in your e30? I'd like to simply buy two without having to do tons of research and monkeying around.

Thanks,
                            JB
                            1988 Diamond Black / track
                            2006 4 Runner LTD V8 / DD
                            2003 Tahoe Z71 trail / tugger / 225,000 miles (3 trannys, same original engine)
                            1992 325ic S52, OBDI, M3 suspension (Finished!) Fast and Fun for the Mom
                            2011 Superfly (Nirvana!)

sigpic

Comment

Re: seats

Originally posted by fast325it
                              So, are you going to be selling the seats in your e30? I'd like to simply buy two without having to do tons of research and monkeying around.
                              If I step up to the Sparcos, I will probably sell them at that time. My tan 510 has power leather seats (that will NEVER come out), and my white 510 has Kirkey seats in it already.

Hey, if you want cheap, light, and strong, get a Kirkey!

Comment

Working...
                              X