Got my low profile Wedge Engineering seat brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my low profile Wedge Engineering seat brackets

Got it in the mail yesterday. I just splurged for the drivers side as the passenger I don't really care about too much.

It looks way lower than the first one I bought from them. Can't wait to install this weeend. I'll post pics of the two brackets side by side to show how much lower the newer revised version is from the older taller version. Sweet deal, I'm psyched. I've been driving with the high brackets for about 3 years, really looking forward to getting that seat back on the floor where it belongs

Dave

Not only is it lower but it's more centered because of the new design.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
    85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
    91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

hey dave, so these work with the stock seats to make em lower? where did you buy these from and how much were they?

i feel like the stock seat is too high also; with my helmet on, my head hits the top and i have to slouch. was thinking that aftermarket recaros were the only way to go.

if this is what i think it is though, thatd be perfect!

Comment

Dave - I've been driving with the old wedge brackets (high profile). I don't mind them as I am not a very tall person. Although, I would like to hear your perspective on the low profile brackets.
        Also, please post some comp. pics.

TIA
        -Adrian
        I'd rather be out in my M3 right about now...

Comment

Originally posted by marsfire
          hey dave, so these work with the stock seats to make em lower? where did you buy these from and how much were they?

i feel like the stock seat is too high also; with my helmet on, my head hits the top and i have to slouch. was thinking that aftermarket recaros were the only way to go.

if this is what i think it is though, thatd be perfect!
          If memory serves, these are designed to mount the Recaro SRD/Speed seats, not the stock seats. Perhaps someone else can confirm that for you.

Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

yes they are designed for the recaro SRD/Speed seats. I've had these seats for about 3 years.

I agree with you adrain, the higher seat brackets really aren't that bad, I've had them for so long that I'm very used to them by now. I'm about 5'10" so I'm not all that tall either. I don't have a problem with my helmet on either when I auto-x. I just always wanted the seat to be lower like the stock seat was, I just feel more comfortable driving that way. I plan on some comparo pics for you guys this weekend, it should be a nice cheap little change of pace.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Reelizmpro

Not only is it lower but it's more centered because of the new design.
              I agree. Those brackets rock.:battle:

Comment

installed! Easy job as expected...the new brackets really are a lot different than the originals. I had the tall original wedge engineering design in the car for about the last three years, now I have the low profile bracket on the drivers side. I must say, it's designed much better than the original. All the fasteners are easily accessible and the seat sits much lower to the floor. I can't believe how much head room there is now. Here are some pics for comparison and the archives:

Get it if you haven't yet

Dave
                Last edited by 1990m3; 07-12-2005, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X