Recaro SRD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recaro SRD

Anyone here have SRD seats installed? if so, how do you like them? do they provide better support than our stock seats? anyone have any other seat suggestions if not the srd? thanks!
    ted
    1990 e30 m3

SRD's are to small for a person that where's a suit sized 44 and up. I personally find the Sparco Evo's or Torino's (spelling?) fit very well.

There are other brands that sit great, but most are kinda Technopop for my tastes.

IMHO

EDIT: In the Sparco's I rest on top of the upper seat area, rather than than feel surrounded/hugged by them. I am unsure if they make a larger size, I have tried 2 sized versions thou.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

i have the sr's and personaly i fit nicely in them, im a 38 waist and a pretty big guy but it might just be me, alot of others say they feel like there on them up top too. seats are very personal go sit in one for 30 min or longer and see if u like them. konig also has a similar seat thats nice and low key looking

Shes sold now :(

Comment

i'm 6'3", about 210lbs (more like 220 after x-mas)... i wear a size 36 waist... SRD sound reasonable for this size? i CANNOT comfortably fit in a "Standard" sparco size seat... my hip bones are too wide.... do seats "break in" over time? thanks...
        ted
        1990 e30 m3

Comment

I'm 5'10" and I have a 28 waist. SRD's are a little too wide for me! They are awesome seats though, especailly with cloth, because they are very grippy.
          Bryan K.
          Texas A&M Formula SAE

Comment

I'm 6ft 220lbs. The SRD's fit me fine! They also seam to MOLD to your body after a little while! it was really one of the best things that I have done to the car!

The biggest things seams to be the rails!

Do not click
            At least it's German

Comment

Do the SRD's sit any higher then the stock seats? I also am interested in getting something more supportive for the track.. but being 6'-4" plus helmet, I can't have the seat any higher then the stock seat in the lowest position (I'd like it even lower if possible )
              Chris
              90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

im 5-11 34 waist, my srd fits me perfect, it sits a bit lower then stock, altho the head rest is taller then stock, the seat also is wider then stock, but as mike said, it somewhat molds to your body after a bit. it is one of my favorite things about my car, but i can see how a bigger person might have trouble with fitment.
                "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
                "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
                onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Comment

SRDs

Think of the stock seats as a cheap flank steak and the SRDs as a succulent filet mignon!

You will want to try them on for size before buying a set. I'm 6'0, 200lbs with a 34" waist and I fit like a glove.

Unless you are a midget, you will certainly want the shorter brackets. They are made by Recaro, so just ask your Recaro dealer for them when you order the seats.

As far as support goes, they are great - can you say LUMBAR SUPPORT? My dealer threw in the inflatable lumbar supports for both seats at no charge. No lumbar support was my biggest gripe with the stock seats.

Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton
                  1989 E30 M3, Owner since June 2000
                  2008 E61 535xiT - The DD and work horse

http://www.bayareamotorsport.com

Register your E30 M3!
                  http://www.bmwmregistry.com

Comment

Working...
                  X