Heated Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heated Seats

My parts car is a Canadian girl. Looks like she has heated seats. So last nite I pulled out the wiring harness for it all and installed it into the USA spec car that doesn't have this from what I can see. I do believe that the US car wiring harness does accomodate this addition as there is a pull for it in one of the connectors under the dash (driver's side).

And yes, I have Canadian spec seats too. So for those romantic fall drives with the wife to justify the existance of the car, my time away from home and all the cash that was spent, hopefully these toasty butt warmers will work.
    [peace]

I dont undertand??? Are you asking a question?

Andrew

[email protected] | H23-is | S14 | Ceccoto #270

Comment

Huh...... no, I don't believe so. Just sharing. Is that ok? :wee:

Comment

Cool, good to know!

What is the difference between US and Canadian spec seats? Is the heating element built in?

Cheers,

Paul

Comment

Paul, I do believe that is the case.

BTW, it is my profound experience that chicks luv heated seats ........... I know that is totally useless information for those of you that use your E30 M3 as a vehicle for pure driving enjoyment and track time, but for those that extend beyond into the more cosmetic stuff and trying to achieve the big LC factor, heated leather seats are a nice touch !!!

Comment

I gotta agree, the new car had to have them. And a chilly morning like today I was missing them in the ///M. And yeah, the ladies luv a warm caboose.

Comment

Originally posted by tominizer
              Huh...... no, I don't believe so. Just sharing. Is that ok? :wee:
              Yeah its okay with me im not the boss here!

Its just that i fitted heated seats to mines, and i had to pull the carpet, and put the ellements into the seats!

I dont think canadian spec cars came with heated seats and no switches or loom that goes under the carpet.

Andrew

[email protected] | H23-is | S14 | Ceccoto #270

Comment

Well, the parts car I have had something there. There's OEM heat switches on the centre console for the seat and the wiring was under the carpet. The far end was plugged into a factory plug connector that housed about a dozen connectors ........ and was an OEM end, not a tap. So, I don't know. Maybe Canadians got something special that no one else has previ to :yeah:

The USA car had none of this stuff under the carpet or in the seats. I have to double check the heating element to see if it looks like a factory install or a ghetto botch.

Comment

If the car didn't come with heated seats fromt eh factory it won't have the wires that run from the dash switch area to the heating element. Saved wires is saved money in building car. The wiring harness is VIN (options installed) specific.

Comment

Ive got heated seats in my US spec and you guys are right, the women love them!!

kevin

Comment

Working...
                    X