Where can I find SRD looking seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find SRD looking seats?

Im thinking of getting some decent quality seats that have that style of look and getting THOSE re-upholstered instead of my stock seats, since Im gonna do the ever-popular Evo3 theme, I dont know if that cloth would look right with the stock seats. Are there any seats like that? Im just not looking to spend the exorbitant amount demanded for SRDs when Im gonna have them re-upholstered anyways. Is there a terrible difference in quailty I should know about that justifies the ranges in price? Thanks fellas.

Mariano

P.S. Barry, I thank you for this idea.

Edit: I didnt put this in the WTB forum yet since Im going to be getting all this done early next year and am not ready to buy just yet. I just wanna be prepared. Thanks again.
    Last edited by CleanAzzE30z; 12-27-2005, 09:37 AM.

SRD look

ebay... search recardo seats, or recaro seats.

I was thinking of the same thing, cheaper seat with evo upholstery.:p

Don't know bout the quality, but you could probably go to a ricer store and check it out. Some of them carry those seats, but wants more than the price on ebay.

good luck...

Comment

check ebay dude theres some decent looking ones

Comment

i thought i saw some on craigslist in the SF bay area.

elefantsupply.com

Comment

Speedware sells the SRD for 599.00 I am going with OMP Comfort 05 Duo 499.00, basically there cheapest seat in this style. I am putting them in my 2002 since I have the SRD's in my M3. I would not recommend any of the cheap river seats.

Tyler
          http://www.europeanplates.com S14.net 10% Code: s14

http://www.europeanplates.net Build and Preview plates

Comment

Depends...do you want the seat to kill you if it catches on fire because it was made with non compliant non flame retardant material? not to be a cynic but its a safety issue more than a lot of people want to acknowledge, all seats are not created equal. in all seriousness...

I love SRDs and Speeds :cool:. They are worth the price IMHO. If your on a budget go with some corbeau seats at the least. I have seen some people do have gripes with them though. The big name brand seats are expensive for a reason; there compliant. Brands like Recaro and Brembo are OEM for a reason You get what you pay for when you invest in nice seats like those. You can also take them from car to car over the years as a lot of SRD owners I have seen
            Last edited by Sbailey294; 12-27-2005, 05:15 PM.
            Steve
            "Technology is the only replacement for displacement" - TRD

(For business related questions please contact my other user name '[email protected]')

Comment

Ok cool. Thanks for the info. I dont like putting off-brand shit on my car and havent yet, so I was just entertaining the thought of if it made a difference. Thanks for the info, fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sbailey294
                Depends...do you want the seat to kill you if it catches on fire because it was made with non compliant non flame retardant material
                I suppose you drive around in Nomex all the time. A business suite made out of Nomex would be a real Jiggawatt.

However, Recaro seats have design considerations for rear impact.
                Last edited by ///Mous3; 12-29-2005, 08:41 AM.

Comment

SRD Looking Seats

Hi,

I have 2 in my Garage that I no longer require.

Only problem is that the Garage is in England.

If you can send me your e.mail address I will send you a couple of pictures of them.

They are almost brand new, and I purchased them from a Show Car that was displayed at the Frankfurt Tunning show.

They are still in the boxes they arrived in.

They are in ''Echt Leder'', which is basically sythnthetic leather, I paid an absolute fortune for them, but would let them go for 185.00 pounds [about 320 USD] each plus the shipping, which I guess will be the killer.

Shipping by Boat may work, takes about 4-6 weeks but is a whole lot cheaper.

Still see what you think.

Regards,

The Gorilla.

Comment

Pictures plese, to mbu at oakley ... you know the rest.
                    Last edited by ///Mous3; 12-29-2005, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Mr. Gorilla- I recently have been offered basically the exact seats I want but need to work out the details. They will already come upholstered and all exactly as I want them. I will definitely let you know if, per chance, that does not work out.

Thanks again for all your help, guys.

Nano.

Comment

To add to this thread or to help someone who searches on this topic later -

I wouldn't get the "look-a-like" seat. I recently sat in some and I can say for certain that they feel different than my SRD's, the stitching does not look as tight, and the material looks like it might even be prone to fading (if you're talking about a cloth seat). I understand why people would buy the other seats, but it would be worth it to buy one seat at a time or something along those lines if you really want to do this right.

ted
                        1990 e30 m3

Comment

Originally posted by UofOm3
                          To add to this thread or to help someone who searches on this topic later -

I wouldn't get the "look-a-like" seat. I recently sat in some and I can say for certain that they feel different than my SRD's, the stitching does not look as tight, and the material looks like it might even be prone to fading (if you're talking about a cloth seat). I understand why people would buy the other seats, but it would be worth it to buy one seat at a time or something along those lines if you really want to do this right.

ted
                          Understood. I would have definitely re-upholstered them for sure since even I know what they look like and the differences aesthetically. Thats the only way I was considering it, was because i was gonna do a top notch re-upholsotery job so the shitty quality it came with would have been out the door instantly.

Comment

The point about the look-a likes. I was just saying that the real seats are made with flame resistance in mind. The knock offs are not and can therefor burn even from a stray spark and cook your car or you.

Its not just about the fabric too. structurally the brand names "feel" better in the car and mechanics hold up longer

don't totally rule out a factory reskin. Its a great thing. I am super happy with mine, makes the car feel and look dealership new!
                            Last edited by Sbailey294; 01-01-2006, 04:28 PM.
                            Steve
                            "Technology is the only replacement for displacement" - TRD

(For business related questions please contact my other user name '[email protected]')

Comment

Originally posted by Sbailey294
                              If your on a budget go with some corbeau seats at the least. I have seen some people do have gripes with them though.
                              Interested, what have you heard?
                              -Eric

Comment

Working...
                              X